2.23

Meredith, Evi and Bailey enter Denny's room. "How you feeling this morning, Denny." Bailey greets.

"Great. Be even greater if you'd get me off this machine." He says.

"Denny, you know I would, but then your heart would stop beating, and Dr. Burke would yell at me and that'd make for a very bad day for both of us." Bailey says.

"Is he a candidate for the portable LVAD?" Meredith asks.

"Now, see? That's what I'm talking about. Half the size, twice the fun." Izzie enters.

"Ah, you've been doing your research, huh?"

"I have."

"I've already told him, he's not ready for it yet." Izzie says.

"Dr. Stevens, didn't I assign you to neuro this morning?" Bailey reprimands.

"Yeah. I was...I'm on my way. But could you tell him about the complications?"

"You'd be risking air embolus, v-fib." Evi lists.

"Yeah and the tubing could kink inside of your body, in which case, we'd have to rush you to emergency surgery." Izzie continues.

"Dr. Stevens, unless Mr. Duquette's heart has suddenly grown a brain, you are currently not doing your job." Bailey says sending her off.

"I'm going." She turns to Denny. "Just don't be stupid, ok?"

"You're not the boss of me today, woman."

•.•|•.•|•.•

Meredith, Evi and Bailey are in Denny's room. "EKG, ECHO, and nuclear all within normal limits." Evi reads off.

"Denny, in that case, I see no reason why you can't be up walking." Bailey says.

"Music to my ears, Dr. Bailey." Denny says.

"Good. So, you have any questions?" She asks.

"No. It's..."

"We can put it off. No harm in waiting a few weeks if you have questions. If you're worried."

"I've got 20 tubes coming out of my body, one of which goes directly into my you-know-what. At some point I'd like to use that you-know-what for something besides peeing into a bag. Like, for instance, peeing into a toilet. It's just...Izzie gave me medical advice. You're giving me different advice. It just so happens that yours is the advice I want to hear."

"Well, Dr. Bailey outranks Dr. Stevens. So, it's safe to say Dr. Bailey's advice is the one to follow." Evi says. Meredith and Evi give Denny a "shut up" look.

"That's not what he's worried about, Dr. Jensen. He's worried that Dr. Stevens might get her ego bruised and her feelings hurt, am I right?"

Denny glances at Meredith and Evi. "No, no. Definitely no."

"Because, it would concern me if you were making medical decisions based on how our Dr. Stevens might feel about it."

"Well, in that case, I say we do this thing. Screw that dizzy blonde doctor girl."

"That's not helping, Denny."

"No?"

Meredith, Bailey and Evi all answer. "No."

•.•|•.•|•.•

"What's going on between Stevens and Denny? Is it a crush? Is it an innocent flirtation? Or is Stevens actually crossing the line?" Bailey asks the two interns outside of Denny's room.