Sᴇᴀsᴏɴ ᴛᴡᴏ {2.1}

To be a good surgeon, you have to think like a surgeon. Emotions are messy. Tuck them neatly away and step into a clean, sterile room where the procedure is simple. Cut, suture and close.

"I've seen you before, where?" Joe the bartender asks.

"My first night in Seattle. Got drunk off my ass." Evi responds. Joe laughs.

"Now I recognize you. A fun drunk you are."

But sometimes, you're faced with a cut that won't heal.

"What brings you in tonight? You look stressed." He asks passing her a glass of tequila.

"My job is stressful. I haven't had a drink in months." Evi says before taking a long sip.

"That's a bad thing?"

"Depends on how you look at it, I mean, I wouldn't want to have a severely sleep deprived surgeon."  Evi says before going to sit beside Meredith.

A cut that rips it's stitches wide open.

"All hail the champ!" Joe cheers as Cristina and George enter the bar. Everyone in the bar cheers.

"So, my guy Alex finally got what was coming to him."

"George knocked him down in one punch. You should've seen it." Cristina says.

"I don't want to talk about it!" George exclaims.

"brag, champ, brag. You've earned it."

"Can I have a beer, please?"

"Let's play a game of whose life sucks the most. I'll win. I always win." Meredith says.

"No, you don't want to play with me." Cristina says.

"Depends on how dark and twisty you guys are." Evi says.

"Oh, I do, and I am very dark and twisty. I'll even go first. Derek's married." Meredith starts.

George chokes on his beer.

"Told you I'd win."

"No, you didn't win."

"Did you hear me? I said Derek is married. As in pigheaded, adulterous, liar married. Nothing you could say could top that."

"I'm pregnant. I win."

George chokes again.

Evi's eyes widen.

"George, beer is dripping from your nostrils." Cristina says disgusted.

George moves from the table to clean himself up.

A bar patron asks Joe if he is alright and Joe falls over.

"Okay. Maybe Joe wins." Evi says while quickly moving towards Joe.

Cristina and Meredith quickly follow behind Evi as Joe tries to get up.

"Joe, back down." Evi says.

"The medics are coming." Some man speaks.

"You called the gurney patrol?"

"Sit back and relax. We have to take you to the hospital to run some tests." Meredith says.

"Tests? I don't need tests. I'm fine!"

"Dude! You collapsed! On the floor. This is you bar. You know how filthy this floor is." Cristina says.

"Radial pulse is strong." Evi says.

"Minor skull contusions." Cristina says.

"You're sleeping with someone?" Meredith asks Cristina.

"What? Who?" George asks.