MIC DROP

The world seemed upside down but that was just fine for Min Hee as she continued to watch TV with her legs leaning against the wall while lying on the bed looking no less than a ghost. Resting lifelessly beside her was Areum who was critically judging the female lead's life decisions of the series they were currently binging, when something dawned on her and she got up seemingly from death with a gasp.

"Yaaaaah! We need to find a part time job to survive you brat! It's already been a week." Areum said in a breath.

Min Hee gave her a lazy glance and after almost a minute, like an old bulb which flicks before turning on, she realized what Areum meant. Areum thought about Min Hee's skills when she somersaulted and sat properly to discuss about the issue.

"Get ready. We'll head out for job hunting and have something for lunch on our way back. " Min Hee explained her plan for their first weekend in Seoul.

"You're paying this time." she added reminding Areum with a cheeky smile.

"Khoul(deal)!!" Areum shouted before heading for a quick shower.

The watch showed 2 in the afternoon and the girls were drained of any energy left in their tiny bodies. It's been 3 hours and they're still wandering empty handed and stomach around the neighborhood and also 10 minutes away from their university.

In Busan, people used to hand pamphlets or stick them on the shops' door so it was easy to look for part time jobs. But in the new city, people didn't use such tactics. Although jobs were there to apply for, but there were specific apps for it nowadays and this was unknown to the young and tired girls. They decided to end their search for today and entered the nearest restaurant.

The girls were startled but managed not to scream at the sight. They stood paralyzed in their spot watching a girl in her mid 20s with her hair down covering her face. Her head was supported by her hands, muttering insignificant words like she was in a cult.

Probably going through a midlife crisis. Min Hee protectively pushed back Areum and prayed for own life before stammering.
"Excc-uuse Me? W-we're here to or-order."

The restaurant was empty,and the strange lady smiled creepily at them.

' Please tell me she's the owner of this place,' the two girls thought looking visibly scared.

"Ah yes. What would you like to have?" she beamed like she wasn't planning on burning the whole place down just a while back as she jotted the order.

"Where do we search next? I really wished we could find a job in this neighborhood. Aaah why the people here are so self sufficient!? " Areum dramatically wailed.

Min Hee was about to say something, when she realized the owner was giving them a big ass Cheshire smile which made her shiver. The owner came with their order which Areum took and thanked her for the food.

"No no, thank YOU my dear girls. Oh my god. You guys are angels for me right now." the owner removed her apron and threw it to the side as she thanked the girls looking at them like a pair of lost puppies.

"I'm sorry but I overheard your conversation." She smiled over enthusiastically.

"I'm Lee Ji Eun, I own this place and it's quite famous in this area so I'm in need of some extra hands...so would you guys like to work here?"
Sajang nim(owner) looked at them expectantly with puppy eyes. Next thing you know, the girls were bowing ninety degrees thanking her for the opportunity.

"Now, you're work starts from 5pm till 7 if there are less customers, and Monday I'll explain you what to do. Also call me IU unni, okay?"

The girls nodded and thanked her for being so generous.
"Did we just get lucky?" Min Hee asked Areum as they both marched home smiling radiantly.