FIRST LOVE

It was late. But the young lad couldn't decide what to do. He was at the only place, where he could feel her essence without anyone knowing, all alone. Taehyung stared at his phone screen some more, glimpses of the past flashing before his eyes every now and then.

"She does have a peculiar taste" it was the first time he saw Her. He wasn't the type to make eye contact with a stranger but he just couldn't take his eyes off of the girl in front of him. She looked so innocent to him at that moment, trying to hand over the files clumsily. It made him smile unknowingly.

"It feels really good to curse at someone with our accent you know like you somehow feel superior."  He was blabbing anything just to make her smile. The sound of her laugh hit him differently every time she did it. It would struck every string of his heart making him go crazy over her.

'What are you doing now? Wanna grab a bite with me. I'll buy something nice. What say?' He texted Min hee wanting her to hangout with him. He was smiling at the text he sent and the phone almost slipped out of his hand when he saw Min hee calling him. Her flirtatious manner caught him off-guard making him cough really bad although he knew she meant it sarcastically.

"Aigooo poor thing, for how long did you keep it in your heart?"  He muttered to the unconscious girl in his arms. He carefully took her to the tent and laid her down. Looking at her distressed self felt like a knife straight through the heart. He caressed her hair gently, wishing if only he could take all her burden.

When Min hee was sobbing all the way to the hospital, Taehyung couldn't bear to look her like that. All he did was stick beside her the entire time, her head resting on his shoulder while she worried about her best friend.

"I ran away from my home because I didn't wanted to become a Doctor like my Dad. I came to Seoul with the savings my parents kept for my med school."  that day Taehyung found himself  respecting her  for being a girl who was that bold. He couldn't hold it in anymore and embraced her with all his warmth. That was also the day his heart beated faster than ever,the proximity making him blush.

"I'm here for you Min ah."  He said with all the sincerity in his heart. Looking at Min hee breaking down made his heart crumble into shattered piece of glass. All he wanted to do then was protect the poor soul with all his might. He didn't just utter those words. He meant them. And he wished to live by it.

"It's so nice to see you here. Did you come alone?"  Min hee asked him, but he knew he wasn't the one she was hoping for. But his heart was not ready to accept the bitter truth yet as he kept yearning for more of the girl.

"You really thought Namjoon has feelings for Areum, didn't you?"  He said masking the heartache he felt when he realized, the eyes in which he kept drowning with the passing time, held someone else closer to her.

"If you pay a little attention you might get your answer."  He said lastly to Min hee's plea but little did the girl knew, he wasn't talking about Namjoon at that point. If only Min hee tried to understand this boy, with the boxy smile a bit more, maybe she wouldn't have asked that question to Taehyung. The way she beamed made his heartache worse.

Taehyung stared a bit longer at his phone before dialling the contact on speed dial. The rainy night made him restless. He was finally letting her know how hard it was to hold it all in. How meeting her was the best thing that ever happened to him. How her smile made his day brighter. How looking at her in pain made him restless. How her being clueless about his feelings made him go wild. He had to let her know before it's too late.

He eagerly waited for Min hee to pick up but she didn't. He kept calling her, his heart beating faster with each ring but she didn't answer. He stopped trying thinking she must be busy or driving. Five minutes later a text was dropped. It was from Min hee.
'He said it first Tae.' The text showed. The phone slipped from his hand landing on the table with a thud. 'Was I too late? I should've told her before when she was so close. Why did I hesitate when I had the chance? Maybe if I had been more obvious she would've noticed. Maybe if I wasn't a coward, she would've been mine today.' Taehyung cried his heart out silently at the same restaurant Min hee worked.

Min hee texted Taehyung immediately after checking her phone before going to bed. She laid in bed, thinking about what happened earlier.

"You were the reason I couldn't confess a year ago. How could I when you didn't even give me a chance to say how much I...I liked you Min ah." Namjoon let out his feelings suppressed for over an year now. He spoke so softly that it scared Min hee. "It's all because of me. I'm sorry." she began. "Never in my life I thought someone like you will ever take a second glance at someone like me. Nobody ever appreciated me for anything I did, no matter how hard I worked. No one ever told me I was special to them because I kept my distance until I met Areum. I have my insecurities Joon ah which made me feel I could never be the one you would like."
"But my inhibitions couldn't stop myself from falling.... falling for you." Min hee was looking down hiding the tear that just escaped. She heard footsteps towards her but she didn't raise her head. Namjoon gently raised her chin with his finger made her look in his eyes. "You have a pure and innocent heart Song Min Hee and if people don't see it, it's their loss. Neol uleoleobomyeo dong-gyeonghaess-eossne (I looked up to you and admired you). You were, are and will always be my special and tiny human." He said smiling, each word making the poor girl go weak on her legs. As if the boy sensed it, he didn't wait for Min hee to say anything, leaned closer to kiss her on the forehead with all the love he had been keeping to himself. Before she could stop herself, she hugged him softly and was more surprised when he hugged her back like he never wanted to let the moment slip away.

The girls were getting ready to leave for college in the morning. "Honey, stop smiling alone. People might think you're a psychopath." Areum reminded Min hee that she was zoning out again. "They're not the only ones who do that." Min hee defended herself. "Of course, love-struck puppies behave the same." Areum winked leaving a flushed cheeked Min hee behind, yelling "We're not dating you know!"
Everyone decided to have lunch at their favorite hangout. All of them were walking in pairs except Areum who was sneakily walking behind the 'puppies'. Min hee and Namjoon couldn't stop smiling, the boy shyly eyeing her secretly from the corner of his eyes while the girl catching him occasionally stealing glances and then hiding her blush. Areum smirked before jumping in between, not to mention scaring the shit out of them.

"Just ask her out already!" Areum said to Namjoon before strutting forwards, pushing Min hee 'accidentally' towards him who caught her. Both of them had furiously red cheeks by now.