LOST

With both hands grabbing his hair, head spinning because of the alcohol and newly processed information, Yoongi was in a state of ultimate confusion for the last ten minutes. There was too much going on in his little brain, he didn't realize he was staring at the bartender the whole time. The bartender was worried about himself and looked at Seokjin for help. Jin looked at Yoongi and slightly shook him, "Hey, I know staying in US has it's effects on your behaviour but you can't probably change your preference Yoongi-ah." Yoongi woke up from his trance and quickly muttered an apology to the panicked bartender. Jin sensed Yoongi has to sought out his jumbled thoughts that's why he straightened himself getting his jackect ready to leave. He patted the pale guy's shoulder, "Don't give up on her yet." and left the bar.

Yoongi was still contemplating what should he do now, 'Leave her be because she probably moved on or maybe she still... ' his wagon of thoughts was disturbed by the same bartender. "Sir you almost lost this envelope. It fell from your jacket." he politely placed the letter on the counter. 'The letter. I never dared to open it.' Yoongi realized. Although tempted, he was scared to read it all along the past year, that it might pull him back to the girl who'll probably never want him back thus never reading it. He always carried the letter with him, as if a part of Areum was always there with him wherever he went. 'It's now or never' he thought and picked up the envelope, unfolding the letter with shaking hands.

𝐘𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐢 𝐚𝐡,
I𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭. 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞.

𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬. 𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦. 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐮𝐬, 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐫. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐞. 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐟𝐞𝐰 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬.

𝐈𝐟 𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐠𝐮𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧. A𝐥𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞.
𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫.
𝐁𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐬 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮.

𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬.

The tear stained letter slipped from Yoongi's hands. Some of those stains were old and some were new addition from the clueless guy reading it. 'How could I be so foolish? Why could not I see through this?' his thoughts were eating him up. He wiped his tears and drank the rest of his drink, picked up the letter, folded it neatly keeping it back in his chest pocket. He paid his bill, took his jacket and ran out of the bar like his life depended on it.

The pale guy was panting now waiting for the door in front of him to open. He went to Areum and Min hee's place only to find she wasn't there. Min hee informed him that she didn't come back to home with her but went somewhere and Hoseok might be with her. He ran back to his car calling  Hoseok on his way. After he picked up Yoongi bombarded him with questions about Areum. "Why? Do you want to hurt her more? She went through a fair share of hardships, Yoongi." Hoseok said in a dead serious tone which was very different from the one his friend was used to. "I want to make things right Hoba, I really do. I know I was a jerk for ignoring her presence like that. I really am but I want to fix this. Please tell me where she is." Yoongi pleaded. "I can't let you hurt her again like that. She had to deal with a lot of damage and you just pretended like she never existed. I can't let you make her go through the same pain again." Hoseok was still not convinced but his heart ached for his best friend too.
"Do you love her Hoseok?" Yoongi asked as they fought over the same girl. "Yes you idiot. I love her!" Hoseok said without any hesitation. "I will love my 'friend' and will protect her from any problem." he said calmly completing his answer.
Yoongi sighed in relief his hand over his chest. "Look if you really want her just don't give up so easily this time but in case she rejects you, you should let her go happily. Do you understand?" Hoseok warned his bestfriend softly. Hoseok hung up when he didn't reply back. Yoongi still didn't know where Areum was. 'Maybe tonight's not the night.' he thought and drove off to the only place which could ease his pain now.

He was walking on sand bare foot as he reminisced their happy moments at the very same place. He was taking a stroll when he saw her.
'Am I hallucinating now?' he thought as he pinched his cheeks to confirm that the figure in front of him was indeed Areum.

An hour ago he was searching for this girl like a mad person and now that she's so close, not to mention at their special place, he couldn't move an inch. He was paralyzed although his mind was screaming her name wanting to run towards her.

Areum was looking at the waves when she felt someone's stare. Her hands were already in her purse by now holding onto a pepper spray ready to shoot when she turned sideways to look at the pervert. But turns out it was the grumpy asshole. Her grumpy kitty. They locked eyes under the moonlight, and that's when Yoongi started taking long and hurried strides towards the now shocked girl. He was running now and stopped when he was mere inches away. He swiftly pulled her towards him by her waist and leaned down to her face and placed his lips on hers.

Min hee was sitting on the couch and trying really hard to practice with her flute but she just couldn't get the tune right with the music sheets right in front of her. Yoongi's distracting words were ringing in her head.
"You're her best friend Min hee, do you think she'll accept me now?" Yoongi asked eagerly waiting for her answer.
"Honestly, I don't know. She kept the pain to herself no matter how desperately I tried to share it. " Min hee sighed helplessly.
Yoongi hung his head low for a moment before raising it with a changed expression, "I don't care. I'll get her back this time. I'll fight for my love if I have to but I won't back down. I won't give up" He said and left, running to his car making a call on his way.

"He's so persistent even after a year. He still wants Areum after all this time. He is determined to get her back knowing she might turn him down. He is being brave for the girl he loves so much. If only I had the courage to do so.
If only I didn't have to run away from the boy I could never forget about. Nun-eul gamgo ajig yeogi seo iss-eo ( I close my eyes and I'm still standing here)."

Min sulked holding back her tears.