LOVE IS NOT OVER

Everyone was at the airport. Yoongi was standing with his luggage, looking at his friends with a sad smile. He's gonna miss them, especially her. He hugged the guys one by one, ruffled Min Hee's hair and then turned to Areum. She shook hands with him, distance between them bitterly evident. She handed him a letter and said softly, "After whatever happened that night, I want to focus on myself and you should too. I'm not ready for a relationship yet. Open this letter when you think you reached your goal." Yoongi stared straight into her soul, searching for any regret to reject his idea of them being together, but it only broke him further as a determining pair of eyes we're looking back at him. Keeping the envelope inside the chestpocket of his jacket, he turned around; a new destination with a feeble hope of forgetting the only girl who messed up his heart and mind. 

As painful as it is to let you go, it is more painful to keep you in my life. So I'll put my all in to forget you, because that's what you want. I don't know you, you didn't know me, Yoongi sighed as he left.

Min hee was boarding the bus for Busan. Everyone was sad to see their happy family breaking slowly. Areum was worried about her bestfriend leaving like this but was in no place to argue with her. She herself was a living shell.
She hugged Min Hee tightly wishing she would stop and stay with her. They waved her goodbye as the bus left. Areum felt lonely. But there were two people among them who were far more desperate to keep her. Namjoon and Taehyung were the last ones to leave the bus terminal.

Namjoon entered the familiar restaurant and was obviously not thinking of bumping into Taehyung here out of all places. "What are you doing here?" Namjoon enquired the younger one while taking a seat across him. "What do you think?" Taehyung said stuffing a dumpling in his mouth. "Yah, we both know we were missing her." Taehyung said looking at the counter where Min hee usually kept her apron. They both sighed.
"So where are you coming from?" Taehyung changed the topic. "Dropped some stuff at Areum's place." Namjoon replied helping himself with Taehyung's dumplings. "How is she?" Tae asked in concern. "Aah, she's hiding it well... Why's everyone hiding from each other? Can't they just talk it out!? Yoongi is avoiding Areum, Areum is not in a state to talk to Min hee, Min hee is ignoring me and I don't even know why she's being like that!" Namjoon ranted emptying his heart. "Did something happen between you and Min-ah?" Taehyung raised his eyebrows at the guy across him. Namjoon just realized what he said widening his eyes like he's been caught for murdering someone. "Just tell me, aah this frustrating." Taehyung said getting irritated at his flustered state. "If it's bothering you that much why don't you go to her?" Taehyung continued thinking Namjoon wasn't speaking any time soon. "How can I go there all alone?" Namjoon asked like an innocent kid. "I seriously doubt how did you get into Seoul University sometimes. You want me come with you?" Taehyung asked shaking his head at the poor kid.

The duo was now driving to an unknown location. "But how do you know where her aunt lives?" Namjoon asked suspiciously, a bit jealous at the fact that Taehyung was aware of Min Hee's whereabouts. Taehyung just shrugged, remembering his conversation with Min hee that night and how she mentioned living with her aunt during the break.

They stopped by a neighborhood. Taehyung hopped out of the car and asked Namjoon to stay back while he checked if they were at the right place. Taehyung was halfway through a street when Namjoon couldn't keep himself seated while he was so close to meet the girl who he couldn't stop thinking about. He was about to walk towards the road that Taehyung took when he saw Min Hee running towards Taehyung and hugging him looking elated. That's when his wandering thoughts took over his mind, So that's why she couldn't even listen to my confession? She likes Taehyung. I can't ruin their happiness with my silly feelings. I need to back off.
Something inside him broke and with the agonizing pain he left with the car.

"It's so nice to see you here. Did you come alone?" Min hee asked pulling herself from the warm hug looking behind him. Taehyung turned back to point at his car, which was now gone. Did that ass hole just chicken out, leaving me here all alone? he thought. "Yeah, it seems so." He managed to hide his state of confusion.
Whom am I kidding. Why would he be here! I need to stop this and focus on my dream, the path I chose against the road I was supposed to take. It's time to pick the pieces of my broken heart and let my passion heal it with time. She settled her thoughts thinking about her future.

Hoseok, Seokjin, Jimin and JK were at Areum's place to keep her company during the lazy weekend. They often visited her since Min hee wasn't here making her feel lonely and they sensed something was off between Yoongi and her as they seemed pretty distant lately.
    "Aah, It's time for him to call." Jin said checking his phone. "Always on time." He said as he accepted the video call smiling widely. The guys took their turns talking to Yoongi about his new life.
Jin was about to hand the phone to Areum, "Hey we're at Areum's place say Hi to her. " Areum was nervous yet wanted to see him even if it was virtually, but was turned down when Yoongi said, "Ah Hyung, they need me for something. I'll call you guys some other time, bye!" cutting the call.
The guys were in extremely awkward situation right now. If he was going to avoid me,he should at least use better excuses. I can't make this anymore uncomfortable than it already is. He moved on and so I need to pull myself together and get back on track, to my dream, Her determined mind thought. "Hobi, wanna show the guys our new routine?" Areum asked the guy beside her, trying to lighten up the mood. Hoseok smiled at her, trying to make her smile.

Time flew by like the wind. A Year had already passed. And before they could realize, they were left with six months for their graduation, except for Seokjin. He already graduated with good grades. Apparently, everyone tried out the auditions for Bighit and they cleared the prelims. They were now trainees, working harder than ever. Everyone was busy preparing themselves for their future.

Areum was lying on the bed on her stomach watching her favorite series nowadays while Min hee was beside her facing the ceiling, eyes closed. Areum and Min hee were back to being the crazy yet inseparable duo. "Yah why do you waste your precious time on some Ajhummas ( middle aged women) huh?" Min hee scolded her roommate playfully hugging her pillow tighter. "Do you realize how strategic they are? How will you know the power of these Ajhummas when all you do is study throughout the day. Your grades are higher than our heights combined for God sake!" Areum replied back sarcastically. "You're the one to talk! You literally start practicing 5 in the morning. And don't even get me started with grades, you're always at top 5 of your class." Min hee spat back ready to smack her best friend with the pillow. "If only your hands weren't that skilled with that flute of yours I would've just..." she motioned some weird actions, hissing at her bestfriend. Both bickered a bit more before plopping down again.
"So what's your plan for tomorrow?" Min hee asked as she dangled her legs. "Hobi's picking me up and then we're leaving for for some extra practice." Areum replied searching for something else to see. "That sneaky squirrel. I can't believe I'm sharing my wife with him." Min hee taunted for which Areum kicked her slightly, the former rolling down the bed.

"So are we going for something new?" Areum asked putting on her seatbelt. "Actually we're gonna practice the old routine today and wrap it up earlier." Hoseok replied as he started to drive. "Ooh, is something special today?" She asked wiggling her eyebrows. Hoseok seemed lost in his thoughts, without removing his eyes off the road he said,

"He's coming home...Yoongi is back."