MOONCHILD

Min hee was rolling on the bed with her hands above her head from one end to the other, looking like a possessed cat having a mid life crisis. That was her way of dealing with the significant matters in her life. And at this point of her pathetic life, one of those important things was Namjoon. Her Joon . Ever since she came to know that he never had feelings for her best friend, the feeling of regret does not seem to leave her.

'Why don't I repeatedly remind myself I'm not a part of this planet? Why do I use my brain which is not even capable of thinking straight!? And my parents thought I would've been a Doctor. First, I assumed Joon is interested in Areum. Then I turned my hopeless assumption into an even more baseless fact that he was so into her that I had to back off and what? Have an imaginary break up with my non existent friend and run away with a heartbreak like a dumbass chicken. Waaaaah can someone just dig my grave already. I know Areum has faced many embarrassing moments in her life but I don't think even she can beat me with this one.'   Min hee's mind was running like a bullet train right now.

Meanwhile Areum stood on the doorway, silently watching her mentally unstable bestfriend, contemplating her own life decisons. Why is everyone around me so weird? Or am I the outcast here?  Areum was worried now. Her face which was judgmental a while ago changed into a panicked expression when their eyes met, Min Hee smiling at her creepily. The next moment, Areum was running throughout the house for her dear life because Min hee was after her like an untamed ghost. Min hee finally got a hold of Areum in the balcony and was about to speak before closing her mouth. Areum sensed something was troubling her so tried to lighten up the mood, "Hey you already gave me a heart attack might as well tell me what possessed you." She scolded in a playful manner. 'How can I ask for her help when I couldn't even be there for her?' Min hee was ashamed. She hung her head low. "Just tell me peasant. I know you want to and I'm here to listen. Like you always have." Areum nudged her elbow. Min hee gave in and with a heavy sigh she blurted out everything, from the beginning.

Areum was looking at Min hee passively who was staring down at the floor, not knowing how she'll react. "So you're telling me because of a single misconception you broke your heart for me and gave up on the boy you were crushing on so hard?" Areum took a minute before she spoke again, "At this rate we'll both die single. Here I'm avoiding the only boy I fell for and then there's You who went out of your way to break your own heart because you thought he liked me which is not even true!? " We both laughed heartily at our pathetic state.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier, pabo ah (idiot)? I could've helped." Areum enquired. "How could I when you already had too much to deal with. Moreover if I couldn't help you when you were at your lowest at least I should not...." Min hee couldn't even complete.

"Give me some time to get my thoughts together. When I'm done gathering myself, I'll need your help then. No backing out of this." She continued and Areum nodded.

Min hee was waiting for someone in the park. After wrecking her tiny brain she came to the conclusion that first she needs to find out who Namjoon likes because last time she had a proper conversation with him he mentioned someone. Everything that happened between them suggested it was her all along but she was afraid she might be wrong like she was the first time. To confirm it, she needed help and that's why she was here. Min hee came out of her bubble when a guy sat beside her, on the bench, snapping his fingers at her. "Yah, wake up!" he said. "Oh Oppa! when did you come?" Min hee asked surprised. "When you were thinking about how lucky you were to have this extremely gorgeous person to be your friend." Seokjin winked at the end. Min hee smiled and replied, "Wish I had this kind of confidence...but I'm not here for that, I need your help with something. Please help me this time Oppa, Eo? " She pleaded with folded hands. Seokjin got worried, "What happened? Did someone trouble you? Just give me the name. I'll take care of the rest." he said rolling his sleeves at this point. "No no. It's nothing like that. Actually it's just that..." Min hee told Jin about the girl Namjoon was talking about and how she wanted him to say who's the girl. "... So what should I do to know who he likes?" she finished. "So that I can help him get her." she quickly added to avoid any suspicion.

Min hee was now outside the studio room where Namjoon was practicing. He was a trainee now so he worked on himself regularly. She was waiting for him with a packed lunch containing his favourite dish. Seokjin suggested to offer him delicious food saying it was from the girl. Namjoon would definitely thank her in person and then they would know who the girl was. But when she gave the box to Namjoon, he offered the box to Min Hee saying she looked more hungry than him as her eyes never left the box. Well the poor girl was only eager to know his reaction which didn't help her with her motive at all.

Min hee went to Yoongi next for help who suggested "way to a guy's heart is a PlayStation. Tell that girl to gift him that and he'll be hers forever." But buying a Play Station seemed to be more expensive than her own life so she kept it as her last resort.

Min hee went to Hoseok then, who adviced that the girl should dance on Namjoon's favorite girl group song. He would definitely join her if was into her. Min hee knew exactly what kind of music Namjoon liked and gathered every ounce of her confidence to learn a bit of the easiest choreography, which wasn't easy for her at all. When she finally asked Namjoon to have a look at the dance saying it was something Areum taught her the next day, Namjoon was almost rolling on the floor. This didn't help Min hee either.

Min hee then asked Jimin and JK and was surprised because they suggested her the same thing, confessing with a romantic song. 'They must be a married couple in their previous lifetime, she thought as she prepared herself for the next task. Apparently, that day their flute class turned out to be free period and the Professor asked if the students wanted to share any talents with the class. Min hee jumped up from her seat and offered to sing a song. After an awfully painful minute the Professor couldn't handle it anymore and said, "Min Hee ssi... your voice is making me want to cry, please stop. I don't think I can suff... I mean enjoy till the end." Min hee was reluctant while thinking if she was that good at making everyone emotional. Namjoon just made her sit back beside him whispering, "Stick.To.The.Flute.! If I ever see you holding a mic again I swear I'll throw you out the window." Namjoon threatened jokingly, worried if his ears were bleeding.

The past few days was torturous for Min Hee as the only success she had was adding new embarassing moments to her life. I should've known those boys were useless. Should I really go to Tae for help? What if it fails miserably too?' she sighed before walking into an empty classroom where she knew Taehyung would be. He likes it there. It helps him relax.

"So how do I get to know who he likes?" She asked after explaining. He stared at her for a while before answering, "Take him for a drive at night and talk about the moon or tell him something like 'Moonchild you shine, When moon rise, it's your time.' He likes it simple and enjoys little things. When he's happy his small gestures are enough to know what's in his mind. If you pay a little attention you might get your answer." He said in a dreamy tone. "You're not that dumb as people claim you to be Tae. You're a life saver. I'll go for it! I hope this works and get to know whom he actually likes." with that she left in a hurry. The class was silent once again but then,

"As if I don't know you like him Song Min Hee."  the boy sighed hiding his pain like he's been doing ever since he met her.