COFFEE

Hoseok was glancing from stage to the audience and back at his hands clutching onto his flute, sitting on his wheelchair.

Even though he was still not adviced to walk on his own, but he wasn't upset about that. What actually made him anxious was what he just witnessed.

'How am I supposed to match that !' He thought, rewinding Min hee's performance in his mind. Just then, seven dorks barged in to surprise the nervous kid. Areum stood beside him giving a gentle squeeze, cheery smile on her face.
"Yah hoba ah. You alright?" Jin asked softly.
"Don't worry you'll be just fine. I know my brother." Yoongi patted Hoseok's shoulder.
"I'm nervous myself but we all know you're gonna kill it." Namjoon chimed in cheering.
"Hobi Hyung Hwaiting!!" Taehyung spinned and raised both his fists in air.

"It's gonna be awesome, you can do this Hyung!" Jimin said encouragingly one of his hand behind his back.
"He's right Hyung. Just believe in yourself." JK said smiling widely, sticking closely to Jimin.
All eyes were at the last pair now. "Yah, Are you guys dating?" Seokjin broke the guessing game everyone was playing at the moment. The two kids widened their eyes at the remark. "You knew about us?" Both yelled at the same time. "Aaah, They're even speaking in unison!" Yoongi commented feigning annoyance.
"Here, take your fifty. Yaah, can't you idiots get together a bit earlier? I wouldn't have lost to Taetae then." Hoseok said still holding the money which Taehyung was struggling to take from his grip. Everyone was busy teasing the couple when, "Hoseok ah, You're up! You got this." Min hee peeked into the room.

Jung Hoseok surely enchanted every single one in the audience by his act. Everybody always talked about how he was the funniest and most excited one of the 'Elites' but few knew about his pious dedication towards his music. Although he was sitting on a wheelchair but it seemed the world was at his feet. That's how he felt. He proved why was he considered one of the Elites. The cheers and sound of claps took a long time to die down, his group being the loudest of all of course.

Min hee was sitting beside her Dad, when she noticed Taehyung was talking to someone at the end of the row she was sitting in. It's been a while they haven't had a decent conversation. She excused herself and went to the guy almost running. "Tae!" She called as he turned around looking like someone caught him stealing muffins.

In his head, Taehyung prepared himself for every kind of situation where he could properly speak with Min hee but of course life doesn't give you a demo session. 'How am I supposed to talk to her after all that happened. Will she still need me?' his mind was restless. He was staring at the girl with his eyes bigger than saucer. "I know how gorgeous I am. So you can stop making it obvious." Min hee batted her eyelashes playfully. That's when he realized, it was him who was making it hard for himself.

He put on a smile, "That's why we click so well. We're both good at Imagining things." They both ended up laughing. "You took that long just to come to me?" Min hee asked innocently while Taehyung thought he was caught in his facade. "How you could you not call me even once for the past month, when I thought about my alien everytime something happened?" Min hee smiled sadly at the boy letting him know he is an important part of her life. Taehyung was satisfied with himself now that he knew he will always have her beside him, no matter what.
"Let's go. It's time to move on." He said softly, his heart was mending the right way now. He took Min hee's wrist, "Namjoon needs us." He said genuinely and left for the clumsy boy.

Namjoon was  pacing from one end of the room to the other, hands fidgeting. Taehyung and Min hee were now looking at the distressed dude.

"You're not going to get married you know." Taehyung commented to divert him. Namjoon and Min hee looked at each other for an embarrassing moment before snapping their head into opposite directions. 'Shouldn't have said that.' Taehyung put a mental note. He patted Namjoon's back hyping him up when they heard the announcement, summoning the next performer, Kim Namjoon. The poor boy came close to the door where Min hee stood. "You have and always will be the best inspiration to me. You got this." Min hee whispered. This put a smile on the boy's face who left with a confident grin.

Min hee was back in the audience in time to watch Namjoon's performance. "Ah, it's your friend's turn isn't it? " Her Dad beside her asked. She nodded excitingly. Namjoon let out a sigh and began with his act. When he hit the first note, she realized what he was playing. It's the same piece he played when they first met. The tune was modified to match the standards of the Judges'  but to Min hee it gave her the same little jolts of shocks she felt listening to it for the first time. It was an original and he played it so well. She was proud of being a part of his life. Unlike Min hee, Namjoon's eyes were looking right at her soul all this time.

Nege man boyeo judeon nae bandal nun-us-eum,
yo jeum dasi jisgo dan yeo
(My half-moon smile that I only showed you,
I'm building it again today).

This showed how much he was grateful for the fact they were in each other's lives. He ended with the last note perfectly, bowing to the audience. Min hee was clapping so happily that her Dad glanced at her suspiciously from the corner of his eye.

"Appa I'll be back in a moment." Min hee said and left to meet Namjoon. She felt like he wanted to say something, the way his eyes stared at her during his performance. As she walked forward, she saw  him coming towards her. As the boy came closer to her, he was smiling like an idiot but noticed that her Dad was on his feet now watching them.
The butterflies in his stomach were now somersaulting and being the nervous wreck he is, he passed straight through Min hee, ignoring her like a pestering salesman and went ahead to her Dad. Min hee realized what just happened and turned back to see her Dad and Namjoon already having a conversation about his performance. Min hee walked towards them and that's when she heard something she never anticipated.

"I like you very much Abu-nim" Namjoon was bowing now. Min hee's Dad's face was contorted. He was not expecting a confession from a boy of his daughter's age. Min hee hit Namjoon's back with her elbow straightening the boy in an instant, signalling him to clean up the mess. Namjoon realized what he said and quickly rephrased what he actually wanted to say, "I'm really sorry Abu-nim. What I wanted to say is that I like your daughter with all my heart and I would like to date her with your permission." Namjoon was bowing sincerely, again. Min hee was looking down at her shoes, thinking how this scaredy cat managed to say something like that in their first meet. She was happy and nervous at the same time.

Min hee's Dad asked Namjoon to stand comfortably. He stared at him before saying, "I may have missed the last two years of my daughter's life but she's still my precious daughter and I can't accept someone to be her boyfriend when I just met him for the first time." He said to the disheartened kids who were now looking down.

"But... " He paused for a moment, "you seem like a good boy. I saw the way she smiled when you performed. She was really happy for you. Give this old man some time to get accustomed to the path my daughter has chosen." He said patting Min hee's head gently. "Till then take care of her like you've been doing so far for me will ya? Remember, I'll be watching you guys from now on."

This made the kids look up to him, surprised. He was smiling, although showing he was serious about what he said earlier. They both sighed in relief. "But make sure you confess to the right person, eh? Ahem, I'll go get myself some water." He excused himself nonchalantly, giving them some space.

Namjoon turned to Min hee. He took her hands in his own, and bumped his forehead with hers slightly, their eyes closed. "I don't think I can be any less clumsier but I'll be more than happy if you stay by my side, through thick and thin. You were the best thing that happened to me. Song Min Hee, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked softly. She opened her eyes and looked at their hands, feeling him squeezing her hand gently eagerly wanting to know her answer. She raised her head looking at the boy in his eyes which were staring her back now searching for his answer. And then Min Hee tip toed to match his face and kissed him slowly as an answer to his question.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A sudden call broke Yoongi from his trance as he came out of the green room. "What is it?" He said shadily.
"Are you sure about the deal?" the person replied. "If you're doubting it so much, come and see it for yourself." He hung up rather annoyed.