JUMP

The once smartest girl of her class was now numb to the loud cheers outside the greenroom . The once shy kid, was about to give her heart out to the audience waiting eagerly for her. The once humble student, was now starting to finally believe in herself and her passion. But something wasn't letting her take the last step. Or rather someone's absence was holding her.

Min hee vividly remembered her very first play in elementary school. She was dressed as a tree. She stood in her place on the stage the entire time. But what made this memory special was the first clap she heard from her Dad who looked at his adorable daughter with pride for not giving up till the end.

Min hee still thought about the first time when things started to get harder. She wanted to take piano lessons in her middle school. But her Dad didn't want his only daughter to waste her precious time on extracurricular activities. 'Not everyone gets into med school. One has to sacrifice a lot.' Her Dad used to tell her based on his experience.

The day Min hee decided to leave everything behind was when she thought maybe she'll regret it one day. It wasn't her taking on a new challenge that she thought she might regret but the fact that she would have to leave a piece of her back.

Geuttaelo dol-agagopa nungamgo solichyeo, hajiman byeonhan geon eobsji, hyeonsil-eun geudaelo (I want to go back to that time, I close my eyes and shout, But nothing's changed, reality is the same)

Min hee controlled her emotions and put a confident smile up. "Lets do this one last time Song Min Hee." The girl stood up, left for the stage. She walked gracefully to the centre of the stage and closed her eyes. She was afraid she might breakdown if she didn't find a certain man waiting for her in the audience. Min Hee played her piece which she prepared for her Appa . She desperately wanted to feel his presence for her last performance before she graduated.

She shut her eyes tightly tears already falling down her cheeks giving her all into her piece of art. She played the piece gracefully, her hand and breath in perfect synchronisation. While she was engrossed in her world of music and pain, the audience and even the Judges were in awe. No one dared to move until the performance was over. And when it did end, the first thing Min hee heard was a slow clap. She weakly opened her eyes and searched in the direction of the sound. There he was, the proud father clapping the loudest in the big auditorium for his same adorable daughter. Min hee couldn't believe her eyes and was now at verge of falling down. The entire auditorium was now on their feet applauding for the young lady. She couldn't handle it anymore and knelt, bowing down her head directing towards her Dad hiding her tear stained face. Namjoon was worried sick by now and quickly went upto the stage, helped her  up and took her to get some fresh air.

.
.
.
.

"Here's your birthday gift. Open it." Jungkook still remembered how Jimin squealed like a chipmunk when he found out they were going to Tokyo before the college begins.

Although Jungkook lived with Seokjin, he wasn't that well off as him. JK's parents worked for Jin's parents and therefore their kids practically grew up together. Seokjin's parents were quite fond of the younger boy so they took care of his education even attending a prestigious college like Seoul University. But he never took it for granted. He worked many part times to save money and that's how he managed the tickets to Tokyo.

Jungkook was grateful for so many things in his life. And him being able to accept Jimin as his significant other was definitely one of them. The little things that made Jimin jealous, JK found it cute like when Jimin mixed his drink when JK complimented IU, the restaurant owner or when he was intentionally being close with Bo young. Jungkook always liked to tease him but he definitely regretted it because it pushed him too far and they ended up almost ruining their friendship. Jungkook would always be flustered whenever Jimin made a move in public like that time during the camping or when they played silly games. He couldn't even managed to say no to a blind date because he was afraid of the consequences of letting the truth out. He still fears what would've happened if Jimin knew he accidentally pecked Taehyung a year ago. All these memories made him realize one thing, he was always into him although he couldn't show it, thanks to his introverted being. But now looking at their intertwined hands, he wasn't afraid anymore. He is all I need.

Jimin was staring back at the brown doey eyes fondly. Both were thankful they could share this moment after being misunderstood time and again.
Meanwhile Taehyung was blankly staring at the two kids drunken in there inaudible conversation. He couldn't bear to gag in background anymore and hugged them from the back. "So you guys FINALLY decided to come around. I won the bet to Hobi Hyung." "Did you just say you guys put a bet on our fate!?" Jimin asked bewildered. "Yah, you should've gone for the drama club you know. Calm down Jimin ssi. Hobi Hyung said you guys would get together by the first year of the college but I knew an introvert and a short tempered boy like you will take their sweet time but will wrap it by graduation. I almost lost my fifty bucks!" Taehyung explained. "Fifty bucks!? That's what how much we meant to you!?" JK yelled this time. "Yaah! Hobi Hyung wanted to bet at ten!" With that Taehyung ran away from the now scary bunny and annoyed bestfriend.

Min hee was beyond happy to see her Dad cheering for her like he was her number one fanatic. She ran towards him with all her might and was engulfed in a bone crushing hug from her Dad. Her Appa.
"The day you left the hospital, I cried myself to sleep for not being able to give you the love and support I should've given you all this time. Sorry for being an incompetent father. Forgive me Min ah." Min hee's Dad said still embracing the most precious thing to him. "I wanted to come earlier too but every time something came up and I just couldn't ignore it. My daughter needed me but I wasn't there. I'm really sorry honey." He finished wiping his tears. "I'm glad you could make it today. I really wanted you to see me graduate. Thank you so much Appa." Min hee smiled tears still falling down her cheeks, dying to utter Appa after months. Their moment was interrupted by a certain clumsy boy who got himself hurt while running towards the girl. "Hey it's cold out here and you forgot your jac... " Namjoon realized Min hee wasn't alone. The boy got nervous, quickly cleaning his already perfect attire and bowed down ninety degrees to the older man. "Annyeonghasseyo. I'm Kim Namjoon. I study in the same class as your daughter. Nice to meet you, Sir." He said being extremely formal and respectful, still bowing. " Aigoo aigoo, it's okay young man." Min hee's Dad patted the boy assuringly before continuing, "I apologize for not having a proper conversation last time we met. And you can call me 'Abu-nim' (Father ; refered to friend's Dad) like we do in Busan. Thanks for taking care of my daughter when she was alone in this new city." Min hee's Dad said sincerely slapping the back of the poor boy. "It's really fine Sir... I mean Abu-nim, after all she's my responsibility." Namjoon blushed a little at the fact that he just said 'Abu-nim' while Min hee choked on air at the 'responsibility'. The older man looked at the kids with raised eyebrows when Namjoon spoke again, "She's a really close friend and Areum is like a sister to me. So of course I wanted to take care of them. Do watch my performance Sir... Abu-nim." Min hee's Dad smiled at the boy and nodded. "I'm here till the end." He said holding her daughter in his arm, reassuring his girl he wasn't going to leave her again.

Namjoon felt the need to excuse himself so he gently wrapped Min hee's jacket around her shoulders and whispered in her ear, "Hope you like it." sending chills to her body.