Master Midoriya

" Hey Midoriya, how was your trip? Kaminari told us you guys went to I-Island for a couple of days." Uraraka said.

    " Our trip was eventful. I got to see Bakugou carry in a deer he killed with his bare hands while he was wearing noting but his underwear. If you want I can send you the picture I got off of the security cameras."

    " Oh please do." Todoroki said. The look on his face said blackmail.

    " Ok I will later. Does anyone know if Kaachan already went to Auntie's house. I wanted him to take her a letter from Dad."

    " He left a long time ago and he took his friends with him."

    At that moment the door to the dorms slammed and in came a worried looking Kaachan. Not only worried but he was angry as well. His friends came in not long after him asking what went on. He wouldn't say. He just went up to his room and I heard that door slam shut as well.

    " What did Auntie say to make him so angry? I haven't seen him like this in a long time."

    " I don't know. All we we know is he went into the kitchen to get us drinks and then not too long after glass broke. Bakugou came storming out and we followed him back here." Kirishima explained.

     " That's not good. Did you hear anything while following him?" Anything will help. I know him better than anyone. I could probably figure out what's going on if I just had something.

    " He said something about lying. Then he said Midoriya, which I'm assuming he was talking about your father, not too much longer after. There was one bit about you but I couldn't pick out much. Then he said something about how whatever is going on could weaken the company." Wow. I did not expect Kaminari to get that much information.

    " From what I'm getting that means my father is doing something that is risky and has been hiding it from me. This isn't the first time he's done this and it won't be the last. I just hope it works out in the end."

    But it didn't. You see, what I didn't take into account was that it wasn't something that he was doing that he kept a secret, it was something that was happening that he kept a secret. Right before summer break my father passed away.

    What I didn't know was that my father got injured terribly on a mission he handled himself. It was an S Ranked mission and all of the men who could handle that level had already been sent out on other missions. It never occurred to me that the reason dad always kept a top notch assassin on standby was because he had seen first-hand what could happen if you didn't.

    The injury was slowly killing him. It had taken several years for it to finally do him in. Those who knew about it wasn't allowed to tell me. That was the promise dad had them make. Kaachan also made that promise when Auntie told him about it. Now I stand here, at my father's grave, surrounded by my friends and the last bit of family I have left. My teacher's at my side.

    I couldn't leave for the original funeral because I had to take exams so I am having a second funeral for my father. One where everyone, but the few guarding the base, can attend.

    " He was a good man and a great leader." Brother Andrew said. The rest of us assassin's nodded. We are the ones who felt the most pain.

     " He didn't even have me killed." The students and teachers of UA looked up to see Toga and Dabi standing there.

    " When the hell did you get free?" Kaachan asked.

    " Hisashi had her freed not long after you two left under the promise that she wouldn't let anyone near his boys. Turns out that our little Izuku has quite the bounty on his head." Brother Tanaka placed his hand on my head and shook it a bit. I guess that was supposed to make me feel better but it didn't. It only made me feel worse. Dad sent someone to look after me shortly after the last time I ever saw him.

    That only reminded me of my last words to him. A promise to come visit him over the summer. Well dad, I'm visiting. Only I don't get to actually see you. I only get to see a fucking stone with your name on it.

    " A Raven doesn't cry until after the assignment is over." Those words slipped out of my mouth without realizing it. The words I have recites several times when I first started training.

    " Right. You heard him." I heard Rex's voice crack and saw several people wiping away tears. Kaachan reached over and wiped away the tears I didn't even know I had.

    " Can't have you doing the very thing the others have been told not to do."

    " You know, it's ok to cry at funerals. This isn't some assignment you've been ordered to go on." All Might said.

    " Dad wouldn't want us crying. He would want us to hold our heads up high and focus on our next target." Vixen said.

    " Tears only impair your vision and make you miss the target." Slim added.

    " Not to mention the men and women of the Ravens have been trained to mask their emotions until out of sight of other people, because it doesn't make you look presentable." The next words were spoken by every raven at the graveyard that day.

    " A Raven does not go out looking like a child. We go out looking like men/women who care about our appearance. If you look like shit people don't take you seriously." The only thing is this time every voice wasn't strong. This time all of us cracked. The phrase that Dad himself made, and drilled into each and every one of us, was being spoken at his funeral. Even Kaachan's voice cracked. My whole class had tears in their eyes just seeing their two strongest classmates on the verge of breaking.

    " Ok Ravens, I am implementing a new rule. All wounds, illnesses, or anything else regarding your health and/or performance needs to be reported and recorded. I can't have you dying on me because something like this was kept from me."

    " Yes Master Midoriya, sir." I flinched. I may now be the boss but I certainly didn't earn the title. I only became the boss because I was next in line. Is this how Endeavor felt when All Might lost his power?

    " Just call me Izuku or whatever the hell you called me before." I hissed out they all quickly apologized. " Mr. Aizawa, I would like to request permission for me to leave for America to sort out some things."

    " Permission denied." Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at the teacher. Vixen and Kaachan were the only ones that didn't seem shocked. " You are to stay here and go on patrol with me every night for one weak, then you can go to America. Bakugou and Vixen will be waiting for you at the airport when you land. They will take you to the next place for another special assignment. They will brief you on what it is you are to do. Only after you have completed that will you be allowed to sort out whatever it is you need to. That is the orders your father sent me before he passed away." Great, so even my teacher knew he was going to kick the bucket.

    " Very well. If it is my father's wishes I have no place to fight you on this."

    " So professional." Kaminari whispered. I heard him though. Thanks to my training I had excellent hearing.

    " This is the result of years of training as a Raven, Kaminari. We know how to speak in a professional manner to those we need to. Pretty soon even agents 420 and the real 305 will have been trained professionals. This is a skill all should have, not just assassin's. Maybe you could get a little training on how to speak professionally. Lord knows you need it." I heard several people choke back a laugh. " It's ok, you can laugh. Dad would want us to continue laughing. He always did enjoy hearing laughter. It reminded him that we weren't just cold blooded killers."

    Pretty soon laughter filled the graveyard. Even Dabi and Toga were laughing. Those who walked past the graveyard scowled at us for laughing at a funeral since it was deemed disrespectful. I couldn't care less though.

    This was a funeral for a man who was never easy to read and surprised you at every turn. He was extremely childish but could kill you in a second. He hated people but also loved them more than most realized. He valued life but wouldn't hesitate to take one. This was a great man and I was glad to call him my father.