Look Like a Man

" How long has he been asleep?" I recognized the voice and I am not prepared to deal with him.

    " Since three pm yesterday." Rex answered.

    " That's been almost a whole day. Is he alright?"

    " I am but if you don't shut up you won't be." I could feel the mood in the room shift. " Someone get me some food. Preferably some McDonald's. McChicken and a large fry with a a large Dr. Pepper."

    I opened my eyes and saw someone leave the room. Oh it's good to be back. I can easily get what I want with a single order. How long has it been since I've been able to do that?

    " How long have you been waiting to say that exact order?" Roxy asked. Roxy and Rex are brother and sister. They are also my best friends.

    " I've been planning it since I got permission to come here. Ok what's on the agenda for today? I say fix my look and greet the crew."

    " That was the plan. Come on. Lucy is waiting to cut your hair and Bomber is waiting to fix those piercings that you let close up." Rex explained as he pulled me out of bed.

    " Hugo has already picked out your outfit for today. Mew has also got the makeup ready." Roxy added.

    " Good. Very good. What about Gizmo and Vixen? What of them?" I nodded to Dex, a pro sniper, as I passed. His eyes widened when he saw me.

    " Gizmo is away on a mission and Vixen is set to return later from his past mission." So they have leveled up. Good.

    " Turnip and Waterston?"

    " KIA and has retired." Roxy delivered the sad news. Those were my two favorite guards.

    " Sad to hear it. I was hoping to tell them about fighting Overhaul." Rex stopped. They new about the existence of Overhaul. Every underground organization did.

    " You mean to tell me that you went up against him and lived?" I smirked. You see I had left out that little piece of information out of my letters to home on purpose. I would much rather see their faces in person.

    " Strong fighter. Abusive guardian, selling drugs that destroy quirks, terrible care of his henchmen, and all together an idiot. Took him down with very little wounds to show for it." They were gawking at me. This is what I had wanted.

    " Does your father know?"

    " Does his father know what?" Dad is home? Shocking. " What happened Izu?"

    " Oh I just took down Overhaul a while back. I'm sure you heard about him getting taken down. That's not something you would miss."

    " That's my boy. I knew you weren't wasting that power. However I am appalled that your mother let you leave the house with that hair. Go get it cut." Dad is very particular about looks. If you look like shit people don't take you seriously.

    " We were on our way to do that very thing sir." Rex made sure to let dad know.

    " Good. Say it with me." He gave us a minute to get ready.

    " A Raven does not go out looking like a child. We go out looking like men/women who care about our appearance. If you look like shit people don't take you seriously." From the moment you become a Raven those words are drilled into your brain. So basically from the moment I could talk I learned those words.

     The Ravens. We are assassins. Each of us specialize in different fields. Whether it be tech, combat, torture, or  silent takedowns we all play a part in the defeat of our targets. My Dad is the leader of the Ravens. I am his successor.

    While I was in Japan and training to be a hero I was also training to take over as the leader of the Ravens. No one in Japan, except mom of course, knows about this. Not even Kaachan knew. He knew my father worked in America and made a lot of money but he never knew what it was dad did.

    " Very good. Run along now. I'm sure you all have plans. Just be sure to be home before midnight." Another rule. Unless you are part of a mission or part of the night watch you are to be in by midnight.

     " Yes dad, we know. When have I ever shown up after midnight?" He just smiled at me.

    " You know Izu, you remind me a lot of myself. You are going to be a fine leader someday." He ruffled my hair then scowled. " Seriously what is that?" He walked off grumbling about how I look like a child and not a man.

    " We better get this fixed. I'd rather not be kicked out just because mom wanted me to blend in. Come on." The other two agreed and pulled me to Lucy's room.

    Lucy, she is an expert in disguises. She can make anyone blend in while looking respectable. Dad loves how she can do that.

    " Good evening Zuki. What look would you like?"

    " Need you ask? It hasn't been long enough for you to forget has it?" She laughed and grabbed the clippers, scissors, and a comb. With her forth arm she put the cloth around my neck.

    " Gosh what were you thinking? Did you really think your father would approve?"

    After what felt like forever she finally finished. Perfect. I look presentable but I still have my own style added. Lucy once again did a great job.

    " Amazing work Lucy. This is why you are the only one allowed to mess with my hair when I'm in America."

    " That'll be thirty-two fifty." Excuse me missy. " I'm just kidding. I'd never have you pay me. Though for that mess I should."

    " I get it. It looked awful. Even I complained to mom about it. Where's my sandwich?" I was supposed to have a sandwich by now. Rex shrugged.

    " I think pudgy got lost." Ugh. I'm starving. " Oh well. Piercings, clothes and then your face will be getting dressed."

     " Bomber my man. How's my favorite explosions expert?" Kaachan may be able to cause explosions with his sweat but can he build a bomb small enough to hide in a strawberry? I don't think so.

    " I've been great. Got promoted to Chief of the explosives department last summer."

    " I knew you could. Now how about fixing me up real nice. Had to let the holes close to fit in." He picked up his piercing gun and smiled.

    " Would be my pleasure buddy. Now what ring do you want?" I pointed to the black gems. " I knew it."

    Bomber got the gems in and even offered to do some tattoos for me. I declined for today. I did accept the offer for a tongue piercing though. I've always wanted one. That sandwich will have to wait now.

    " Smile for the camera pretty boy." I stuck my tongue out at Rex while learning forward in the  chair. " Ha this is great. It's going straight to Hark! (Hark is basically their version of insta.)