A Much Needed Break

Author's Note. Some things in this story may seem similar to the bex_noyola story Change in Attitude. That's because I got some inspiration from it. If you haven't read it go check it out. It's really good. Now onto the story.

     People look at me differently anymore. It's like everyone expects me to do a great job. It's like they have this picture of me in their head and if I don't follow that exact image I'm not me.

    The other day I wore shoes that weren't the beat up red ones and Mina freaked out. I let a cuss word slip out when I stubbed my toe last week and half of the class gasped. Even Aizawa looked shocked. I didn't try my hardest one day in class because I didn't sleep well the night before and I was immediately sent to Recovery Girl because I was " obviously sick."

    The pressure this is putting on me is killing me. I can't just bring it up to the class or they would deny it. I don't think they even know their doing it. Maybe I can take some time off of school?

    I could ask Nezu. He may let me take a while off of school for my mental health. Then again if I can't take a little pressure what kind of hero would I be? Maybe Kaachan was right. I won't be able to make it as a hero. I can't even take a little pressure from my classmates.

The next day

     " I must say Midoriya, I was surprised to see that you wanted to speak with me. What is it you'd like to discuss?" The animal creature in front of me asked.

    " I want to take a break."

    " Well we have a break coming up in a few weeks Mr. Midoriya. Everyone is getting a break then."

    " I don't mean a week or two off of school. I need longer."

    " May I ask why?" I knew he would ask but how do I explain that my class is unintentionally pressuring me to be someone I'm not?

     " Basically I don't feel like I can be me here. I just need some time to be myself."

    " What do you mean, be yourself? I thought you were being you."

    " That's the issue. Everyone thinks I'm this version of me but really I just want to be able to talk without a filter. I want to go out and party. I want to be able to wear what I want and style my hair. I want to be me but I'm not good enough."

    " I see. I give you until the fifteenth of September to sort out anything you need to. I will inform your teachers that you are taking a short break from school effective Friday. That gives you three days of class and three days to tell your classmates. Of course if you are taking a break from school you will have to move out of the dorms as well."

    " Thank you Nezu sir. I will be back in September."

     " Now scurry on. I have another student wanting to talk to me." I leave the office and greet the student on the way out. I think he was a buisness course student but I don't really know.

     September fifteenth. That gives me five months to deal with my thoughts. Five months to freely be me. Five months to be the real Izuku Midoriya and not the one everyone thinks I am.

    " Hey Deku. How was your meeting with Principal Nezu? Did you get everything you needed sorted out?" Uraraka asked me.

    " You better bet I did." Everyone looked shocked that I responded this way. I knew they would be.

    " Is something wrong Deku?" Kaminari asked.

    " Nope. In fact everything is great." I skip my way out of the common area and to the elevator. Once the doors closed behind me I pull out my phone and make a call.

     " Hey kiddo. Haven't heard from you since after the Sports Festival. What's up?"

    " I was wondering if I could stay with you for a few months? I've gotten permission to take a much needed break from school and I'd like to see the family again."

    " Sure it's fine with me. When you coming?"

    " Friday I am out of the dorms so I'll book a flight for that night."

    " Ok I'll send Rex to pick you up from the airport. Let your mom know you're coming though. I don't want her to send someone after me."

    " Haha. Don't worry. I'll make sure she knows." Great. That's part one down. Two through four should be easy.