Chapter 8

Mirai's POV

" You're all here, I'll explain the details now. The Clan Hunters are already moving." Yaga-sensei was serious when he told us about the Clan Hunters. " They used a special grade curse to eliminate a clan."

" If they use a special grade cursed, then they can manipulate it like me." Suguro said seriously, cursed manipulator, so the clan hunters are humans.

" Precisely, lots of cursed spirits are making trouble because of them. I'll divide this team into two."

I know Sensei planned this from the start, dividing the team into two, it's the only choice for us to find the Clan Hunters. I don't mind it at all, as long as the cursed spirits are  not special grades. I turned my gaze and I caught blue orbs staring at me, I raised my eyebrows while staring back at Satoru. He smirked and wrapped his heavy arm around me, rolling my eyes, I gently pushed it away making him just chuckled.

" Sensei, I want Mirai to be my partner." Satoru said with confident voice, I didn't say anything but wait for Sensei's answer. I don't mind him being my partner, the mission becomes easier when he's around.

" No. Mirai will be paired up with Shoko." Sensei replied, making Satoru whined and Shoko cheered. I smiled at their childish behavior before facing Satoru and stuck my tounge out.

" Too bad you can't tease me today, Satoru." I said, making him just smirked at me before leaning down to reach my height. My eyes widened when his face was too close to mine, I gulped, my heart is beating like crazy. One mistake and both our lips will crash, and I don't want that to happen! I heard Shoko sighed before pushing Satoru away, which calmed me a little.

" Geez, stop this lovey-dovey scene, will ya."

" This is not a lovey-dovey scene, Shoko!" I said with tears in my eyes, she just laughed while Satoru smirk making me glared at him.

" Now, now, Satoru. You already teased her and that's enough. We need to proceed in our mission." Suguro said making me grabbed his hand and shook it like a child.

" Thank you, Suguro!" I whined making him chuckled and tapped my head. I felt Satoru's hand in my shoulder, before I turned around to look at him, Yaga-sensei cleared his throat, gaining our attentions.

" Time to start the mission. No more time for playtime. After this mission, meet me in this place."

With that he left to investigate something, I then heard Shoko called me making me faced Satoru who is staring at me with serious face. When Suguro called him, he smiled before tapping my head and joined Suguro. I then stared at his back, confused on Satoru's change of behavior.

" Mirai, let's go."

" Yes, let's go. What's wrong with him?"

*****
We arrived at the location where Yaga-sensei assigned us. It was an abandoned building, and the cursed energy around it was a bit strong. The cursed spirit might be ranked as grade four or three. I then faced at Shoko and she was also staring at the building. I didn't see Shoko fought a cursed spirit before, but her cursed energy can heal someone using reverse techniques. So If I got injured in the fight, she will heal me. Shoko is the type of person who don't want to get involve in conflicts after all.

" Mirai, I was curious on something. Why are you holding a cursed tool with you?" Shoko asked before facing me, I just smiled and faced the building.

" Well, I don't want to waste too much cursed energy, and also I want to test the result of my trainings." I said while grabbing the cursed tool, it was a doubled blade spear. Saki-san asked me to train with a spear first before swords. It's also good for me if I'll use both tools, and with this, I'm not going to summon that again. A picture of blood appeared in my mind, but I just shaked it off.