Chapter 29

Mirai's POV

Again, everyone was summoned for new missions, and I'm the only one who is waiting for my mission. The principal ordered Suguro and Satoru to have solo missions, while the first years had their mission also. Shoko, on the other hand, escape so they asked Hoshi to take her mission instead. I sighed, why do Yaga-sensei don't want to give me a mission, I've fully healed already and I can manage a new mission again.

" Mirai, why are you sulking again?" Shiro asked while coldly looking at me, I just ignored him and stared at my phone scrolling some videos to watch. I heard him sigh before sitting down beside me. " They are doing this to ensure your safety."

" But I have you and Kuro, also I'm not that weak," I replied, it's true that I don't have a powerful strength like Satoru and Suguro, but I don't have that too much disadvantage.

" You're not weak indeed, but Kenjaku appeared after how many years of hiding. He might plan something and you still need to master your domain expansion."

" Okay, okay. I understand, no need to explain everything." I said while sighing, Shiro had a point. Kenjaku was strong and with my strength right now, I can't defeat him. " Right, where's Kuro?"

" He's outside, putting some strong barriers." He replied making me hum in response, a minute of silence then appeared but it's comfortable. A ringtone then broke our silent mode making me raise my phone and see Haibara's name, I raised my eyebrows confused on why this kouhai of mine called in the middle of his mission.

" Hello?"

" Senpai!" I pulled my phone away from my ears when I heard his very loud voice.

" What do you want, Haibara?"

" Nanami and I want you to join us in our mission." He cheerfully said making my eyes sparkle. Finally! Someone needs help, I'm going to leave this boring dorm for a while.

" Okay, I will meet you there," I said before ending the call, Shiro was blankly staring at me, I know he is trying to stop me but I smiled and walk towards the storage room to get some weapon to use. I want to try a new technique while helping in the first years. I then picked the spear and grabbed it to put on a cloth, it will cause trouble when people see me holding a spear.

After preparing the things I need, I hurriedly went outside with Shiro who is following me. I then saw Kuro who is finished casting a barrier, I then walked past through him, ignoring his calls making me giggle. Before I reach the stairs going down, a hand suddenly grabbed my wrist, pulling me.

" Mirai, at least take us with you," Shiro said while Kuro was glaring at me, I didn't say anything bus sighed before nodding my head. I had no choice, they've been letting me go on a mission alone and now they are not letting me take a mission alone.

" Fine, this mission is for first years so it might be boring. Don't blame me." I said making Shiro let go, I then faced their serious face as usual making me sigh.

" I have a bad feeling Mirai, the air's flow is telling me something bad will happen," Shiro said, a wolf's instincts are sharp, but why can't I feel it.

" Okay okay, save that for later. Let's just go, the two boys are waiting." I said and pulled them, as far as I know, their mission will take place outside Shibuya. I don't know the details but they will face an A grade cursed spirit. The thing is why does Haibara need help? Nanami and was strong to handle a non-special grade cursed spirit. Something is fishy, but I'll just go and check it.

****

We arrived at the place and Haibara should meet me, but he didn't appear yet. I can still feel their veil near my place making me just approach it. Are they fighting a strong cursed spirit that they forgot about me? I stopped walking when I saw the dark-colored veil in front of me. It's not yet broken, which means they're still fighting. Before I enter Kuro walked in front of me and stared at the veil.

" What's wrong Kuro?"

" Mirai, once you step in this veil, you should be prepared," Kuro said and Shiro agreed by nodding his head.

" What do you mean?" I asked still confused at what they said.

" I don't feel good at all. Inside this veil is something a first-year can't even defeat. Even you, Mirai. You may have immense cursed energy but still, need to improve. Like we said before if our master can't release her full potential, the two of us are affected." Shiro said, I didn't say anything but blankly stared at them, making them just stare back.

" In short, once we enter I might kill myself and there might be a chance that you can't save me either," I said making them nod, geez, they made it a long explanation. But if the two sacred wolves had that opinion then, I should prepare myself. I hope Nanami and Haibara are both fine.

" A 50/50 chance of survival, huh," I mumbled while grabbing the spear and removing the cloth before slowly entering. The aura inside the veil gives shiver to my spine, it's not a normal aura, but it was a very terrifying one. I looked around my surrounding while walking, trying to sense the cursed spirit's location but it's hard to do it because of the immense aura around us.

" So you came." I heard that voice again making me turn my back but no one was there. I clenched the spear and prepare my stance, Shiro and Kuro were on guard but they both pulled me up before jumping backward.

" I told you to be on guard. That bastard is on the move again." Kuro said and gently let my hand go, my eyes widened when I saw a hand slowly disappear on the ground.

" What is that?" I asked and Shiro seriously faced me.

" This is Kenjaku's territory, damn it. Why didn't I sense him?" Kuro said with an annoying voice, I was a bit shocked but I calm down. I can't sense Nanami and Haibara around, are they alright? Is it a coincidence? Haibara called me to help them, but no one came to meet me? My eyes widened as I realize something making Kenjaku laugh.

" It's not a coincidence little Hinami. All of this was part of my plan." He said. Plan? What is he talking about? "I plan to destroy the two sacred wolves, it's perfect timing. With a weak little girl as their master, they're also weak. That's why I took this opportunity to proceed with my plan."

" Shut up you disgusting bastard. Don't underestimate us, that should be our line." Kuro said with a vein popped on his head. I didn't say anything but focused my senses. Between this veil, Kenjaku is hiding, these past years Satoru helped me to sense an enemy if they're hiding and it's hard to find their location. With his eyes, he can easily detect them but he said he sometimes uses a different method. All I need to do is to focus my cursed energy, if I'm focused enough then I can sense him. Seconds had already passed and I smirked before throwing my spear with my full strength. I heard a Kenjaku click his tongue before returning my spear making me catch it.

" How dare you interrupt me." His menacing voice said as he appeared in front of us. He is using a dead body, a body of a dead jujutsu sorcerer, the only way to kill him is to destroy the brain. But with my strength today, I can't do that. Shiro and Kuro can't also use their full strength because of me. " Should we start a game?"

A gush of wind appeared as Kenjaku started doing something, two cursed spirits with a human-like body can be seen behind him. A cursed spirit that I hadn't seen before, the man smiled and point at the two wolves. They suddenly appeared in front of us, but the two wolves were fast enough to stop the cursed spirit. I took that chance to dashed towards Kenjaku and swing my sword. He smiled and block my spear, breaking it. I don't have the time to react so I hurriedly summoned the holy blade.

" It's been a while since I saw this amazing blade. But you're not worthy as its holder." I ignored him and pushed him before swinging my sword. My eyes widened when I cut nothing, his body became a black smoke. I then try using the holy barrier but again he escapes like smoke.

" You can't cut me little Hinami. The two wolves can't even aid you. They're facing my soldier, and they're stronger than them."

" You're mistaken, Kenjaku. They're strong." I heard a scream of pain making me smirk. Thanks to my immense cursed spirit they can unleash their full strength but of course, I can't last long so I need to hurry up and defeat Kenjaku.

*****

Boom boom boom! Hello guys! Sorry, it took me a week to finally update this chapter. I was too busy at school and also don't have a plot in mind to continue this one. So I'm sorry for the late update. Please bear with me, thank you! Please don't forget to vote and comment!