Chapter 47

Mirai's POV
I don't know how many hours had passed and still, I was stuck inside the barrier fighting the cursed spirits non-stop. Thanks to Kuro and Shiro's help I can limit my usage of cursed energy. The level of the cursed spirits we are fighting is not that high so I can easily exorcise them using the holy blade. While fighting, I'm also trying in breaking the barrier but it can't be broken. The only way for me to escape is to trust my student in defeating that man who cast the barrier.

That man was strong for them to handle that's why the fight is not over yet. Those two boys are not weak either, they might argue while the fight is ongoing but they will take the fight seriously. A cursed spirit suddenly appeared in front of me so I hurriedly back away before using a cursed technique and exorcising it. I sighed before fixing my position, as I take another step, one cursed spirit got thrown away making me dodge it still my cheek got scratched. A shriek can be heard and all the cursed spirits backed away making me smile.

" So you've been hiding from the start. No wonder everything was weird." I said while Kuro and Shiro approached me.

" Mirai, we need to be careful. That cursed spirit is dangerous, even if it's a special grade curse I can already tell that he surpassed that level." Shiro said making me nod my head, I can tell it by sensing its cursed energy. It's menacing and dangerous, but it will not stop me from fighting it.

" Even if it's strong, it will never stop us. Am I right?" I asked making Kuto scoff.

" Don't be a cocky brat. You should thank us for making you stronger." He spats making me just shrug my shoulders.

" So are you telling me that we can't win towards that cursed spirit?" I asked, instead of replying Kuro flicked my forehead making me whine in pain.

" You don't need to flick my forehead!"

" It's coming," Shiro said making me turn my head to look at the cursed spirit and its hand was pointed at us. A light started to gather on the tip of his fingers and it become bigger before releasing towards us. Kuro and Shiro then used a barrier in front of us and managed to stop the attack but they got pushed away, only leaving me behind.

" You managed to push the sacred wolf away from me, that means I am your target," I said, a sudden attack flew towards me so I avoided it. It used an attack again but this time it was fast, so I keep on avoiding it and even using my sword to destroy it. But its attack was different, if I destroy its cursed technique it will break into pieces and some will cut some parts of my body.

Kuro and Shiro even tried approaching me but the cursed spirit is smart enough to push them away from me. I clicked my tongue as I avoid its attack, he keep on pushing me away from it which is making me annoyed. I already received too many cuts and if I receive a serious one, Satoru will really ban me from every mission and I don't want that!

" I have enough of this!" I then stuck my sword down the floor before putting my hand together, summoning the holy barrier. I then stretched my hand, pointing my palm towards the cursed spirit, and the holy barrier surrounded it. The barrier will stop it from attacking us, but I need to be fast enough so I hurriedly dashed in front of the cursed spirit. As expected it broke the barrier but was slow enough to attack me so I stabbed its face making it shriek in pain.

I then cast another cursed technique ' sacred blades ' and stabbed its hands and body to prevent the cursed spirit from moving. I then pulled my sword before backing away and pointing my palm at the cursed spirit to cast another barrier. As I land safely, I placed my palm on the ground to make the barrier stronger and it started to exorcise the cursed spirit. But it was strong enough to fight back making me wince in pain, without hesitating I threw my sword using my strength and stabbed its heart before placing my hands together and closing the barrier, finally exorcising the cursed spirit.