Chapter 11

Mirai's POV
I slowly opened my eyes only to see a dim surrounding, the only light is the surrounding torches. I slowly got up but stopped by a chain, I look behind me, and I was right they chained me. They can't let me escape, huh? I then leaned my back towards the wall and looked around, the place I'm in consist of rock formation. That means I'm not locked up in a building, but a base that was created using a stone.

" Should I use my cursed energy?" I mumbled before trying to focus it on my hand, before I released a bit of my cursed energy, a sudden lightning appeared making me wince in pain. The chain is a cursed energy repeller, it prevents me from using my cursed energy. I can't even summon the holy blade, I sighed before staring at the door when someone started opening it. A man then entered, he was wearing a black cloak and also his hood was covering his face.

" You're awake, Hinami Mirai." His voice sent a shiver down my spine, it was cold and also familiar. I just stared at him without saying anything, he was just standing in front of me, staring at me. His voice and everything was so familiar, but I can't remember who it was? I heard him chuckled before approaching me, he then crouched down as he roughly grabbed my chin.

" You're so mean Mirai-sama, how can you forget your teacher." My eyes widened when he slowly removed his hood, the man who was exiled in the Hinami clan and that man who made my life a mess was now in front of me. Staring right through me with his cold and lifeless crimson eyes. His face and everything didn't age, he became younger than the time he stayed at the Hinami clan.

" T-taki? Why...."

" Hmm, I love that reaction, Mirai-sama and I miss it." He chuckled while letting go of my chin and stand up. I can't utter any words, all I can think about is how can I escape? But my fear towards him is stopping me, Taki is a dangerous man. A man who can control me once he had a chance, I can't defeat him.

" What do you want, Taki?" I asked while staring at him, he smirked and turned around while approaching the torch.

" Isn't it obvious, I want you, Mirai. You're cursed energy is more immense that before, and if I have you, then no one will interfere in everything."

" What are you talking about?"

" Mirai-sama, my goal is to destroy everything. The world is a cruel place to live in, nothing is good will happen if we keep on living. That's why I want to destroy it, humans, sorcerers, cursed spirits and everything I want to destroy them and create a new world!"

Taki started laughing while telling me his goals, he's insane. I didn't say anything but just glared at him, I now understand everything. The reason why he trained me harshly and even used me as his tool. He only wants my cursed energy, not just that but also the two sacred wolf.

" That's impossible." I said, making him faced me seriously before smirking. He then snapped his finger, removing the chain, but the cursed energy repeller was still attached to my wrist.

" If you don't believe me, then let me show you." He said before walking away, without any other choice I followed him. While walking, I saw some cursed spirit lurking around and also some sorcerers who betrayed their clans. I also saw the man who captured me, and he waved his hands making me just ignored him and followed Taki. He then leads me to a big door, without any hesitation he pushed it opened.

My eyes widened as I stopped from walking, in front of me is a big black core. I can feel a strong and dangerous cursed energy, Taki then approached the core before touching it. A small amount of cursed energy then surrounded him before entering his body. I clenched my hand, that core needs to be destroyed, but how can I destroy it? I can't even use any cursed energy, I'm also alone. But I need to escape and tell the details to Yaga-sensei.