Chapter 43

Mirai's POV

I already destroyed five talismans, Kuro was just following me putting protection in every room. Every time I exorcise the talismans, we can feel a strong and menacing cursed energy starting to flow outside the apartment. With that, I hurriedly used a veil because I forgot to cast it before we entered which made Shiro and Kuro nag at me nonstop and thankfully they stop to focus on our mission.

I was supposed to do this mission without the help of the two sacred wolves, my grandfather wants me to get used to fighting alone without their help when that time comes and for me also to train my fragile body. I can finally use lots of cursed spirits because my body was used to it, but there are times when I pass out or even can't walk if I used a strong domain expansion. That's also the reason why the two sacred wolves don't want me to use too much-cursed energy if I'm planning to use a domain expansion.

" Mirai, three more talismans. Once you destroy it you need to prepare yourself." Kuro said making me nod my head, once I destroyed all of the talismans the cursed spirit will show itself.With the help of the holy blade, I finally destroyed all the talismans, now we're waiting for the cursed spirit to show itself. A sinister scream can be heard making me cover my ears, Kuro just click his tongue and for sure he was annoyed. But then the scream turned into a laugh, my eyes widened when cursed spirits started to appear one by one in each room. One suddenly attacked us making me swing my sword towards it. But another cursed spirit keep on attacking us, with Kuro's help we managed to lessen some of it.

" Tch, so that's why all the room reek of cursed spirits. I can't believe they use the talisman to seal the cursed spirit inside the room." Kuro said while fighting, I didn't say anything but focused. I need to find the cursed spirit who is behind this mess, after focusing my cursed energy I can finally sense the cursed spirit. Before dashing towards it a weak cursed spirit suddenly appeared in front of me so I hurriedly swing my sword and aimed at its heart. Another one appeared but Kuro exorcised it while clicking his tongue.

" I'll handle all of them Mirai, juts hurry up and exorcise that damn annoying cursed spirit," Kuro said before aiming at the cursed spirit who are in the way, I smiled at him before running towards the rooftop where I can sense a strong and menacing aura of a cursed spirit. As I reach the location a low-grade cursed spirit appeared again and not just one but three, I then used my technique 'rain' towards them to stop them from attacking me.

With one last step I finally arrived at the rooftop, I slowly walk outside, and my body throbbed after sensing dangerous energy. A cursed spirit then landed in front of me and I was amazed at how tall it is. I had never seen a cursed spirit that is tall like a tree, it started laughing before using an attack. I used a barrier and blocked its attack but again I was amazed it manage to crack the holy barrier and pushed me farther from its location.

" Looking how strong you are, it seems you devoured lots of human's negative energy," I said with a smile before approaching it and swinging my sword creating a long-range attack towards the cursed spirit and half of his body was cut. I didn't stop and appeared in front of it and used another attack by stabbing its heart and pushing it towards the wall, pressing the hilt of the holy blade to stick the cursed spirit.

Yet he was strong enough to push me away, I then back away before pulling my sword from it and I don't want to use my domain expansion because it might drain half of my cursed energy. The only option is to use a strong holy barrier, I then appear in front of it again and use my cursed technique 'rain' to pin his hands on the wall. After doing that I used all of my strength to stab his heart again and stuck my blade at the wall using a bit of my cursed energy.He tried to get away but failed, I just smirk and backed away before chanting a spell. I focused my cursed energy and summoned my holy barrier, stronger than the first one I always use. With that I finally created the barrier, he started to use a cursed technique trying to break the barrier making me wince in pain. But I strengthen the barrier, now both of us were fighting with our cursed energy, the one who had strong energy will win.