Chapter 25

Mirai's POV

It was a busy month for everyone in every mission, including us the third year. It can be individual or with a team, but we who can now graduate at any time can take solo missions. I can't even count how many missions I already finished, even tired to handle Satoru and Shoko's cheerful self. As for Suguro, he seems normal but acting a bit weird. He sometimes tags with us but there are times he disappeared or isolate himself away from us.

Now, we're given one day off and the second year together with the first years will handle a normal mission. We've been handling lots of hard missions and it seems the new principal, Yaga-sensei, pity us and even gave a one day off. He even ordered us to rest and not to train that's why the three of us are just sitting at the patio of the dorm.

" It's hot," Shoko whined while using a fan to cool herself.

" It's summer after all," I replied as I tie my hair into a bun, summer came like a storm and it's freaking hot. Luckily, we take missions at night but locating a cursed spirit at day is too hard because of the hot weather. I heard a low whine making me tilt my head to face Satoru who is just leaning his back while eating a popsicle.

" Tch, that old man prohibits me from training, just because he became the principal doesn't mean he is free to do what he wants." He said with his grumpy voice making me just sighed, I was expecting Suguro to say something but I heard nothing making me locate his seat but he is nowhere to be found.

" Where's Suguro?" I asked, Satoru then fixed his seat before pulling the stick of his popsicle and throw it in the trash can.

" He said he needs to take a bath," Satoru replied making me just hummed in response. Every time I asked if he was fine, Suguro just smiled and tapped my head saying he's alright before leaving. At first, I believed him but it started to make me worry again. " Are you thinking about him?" Satoru continued with a serious voice making me face him.

" Yes, he's been acting weird lately. Like Suguro is not the person we knew." I replied with a serious look, he didn't say anything but tapped my head. I was expecting him to tease or make fun of Suguro but instead, he was silent. Satoru's eyes were telling me that he is also worried about his partner in crime.

" Is Mirai-senpai here?" We heard a voice making me turned around to face the person who is looking for me. It was the cheerful Haibara, together with Nanami behind him of course.

" What do you want, brat?" Satoru asked with a smirk as he place his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him.

" What are you doing Satoru?"

" Well, Yaga-sensei asked us to call for Mirai-senpai." Haibara politely replied, I heard Satoru scoff silently before gently letting me go. I slowly stand up before fixing myself, the principal wants me? Is something wrong?

" Did you cause any trouble Mirai?" Shoko asked making me faced her while shaking my head. She just smiled before waving her hand at me, I also smiled and bid goodbye before following the two boys. I don't even remember causing trouble in every mission I take, only Satoru can do that. While walking towards the place where Yaga-sensei told me to meet him, I saw Suguro also walking alone towards it making me approach him.

" Suguro!" I called out and he tilt his head to face me, his eyes widened a little but smiled and waved at me.

" What are you doing here, alone?" I asked, making him just smiled.

" Yaga-sensei called me. How about you, Mirai?"

" He called me too," I replied, we both looked at each other but got disturbed when the two second years bid their goodbyes. We just ignored our thoughts and entered to meet the Principal. As we enter, we saw him creating a new doll, and as always it's cute.