Chapter 20

Mirai's POV

I was faced with darkness again, what happened after the fight with Toji? Getting stabbed in the stomach is the only thing I remember, we lost in the fight. That man don't have any cursed energy but he's too stronger, stronger than Satoru and Geto. Even Kuro and Shiro can't defeat him, no, they can defeat them if I had more cursed energy for them to use. If I'm strong then-no, I should accept that he is more stronger than me, because of him I want to become more stronger. But, I don't even know where I am, it's too dark, I can't even sense a cursed energy around me. I hope Riko and Suguro is alright, I hope that man didn't find them.

" Oi, wake up."

I heard a familiar voice making me open my eyes, but closed it when a light appeared in front of me, I slowly opened it again, only to see a blue sky above me. I blinked my eyes and slowly got up, this place was too familiar, I then turn my gaze towards Shiro and Kuro sitting outside the shrine. I just sighed before walking towards them, they we're looking at something making me also look at it. My eyes widened when I saw a very familiar face in front of us.

" Mother." As I tried to approach her Shiro stopped me.

" This is just a piece of our memories with Hana. I think it's time for you to know the reason why your Mother died and after that you need to decide." Shiro said seriously while staring at me, I didn't said anything but faced my Mother again. Shiro then lets go of my hand, I can't understand on why I need to decide after knowing the reason on my Mother's death, but I'm already prepared myself about my Mother's death.

" Are you sure about this Hana?" My grandfather who is with my Mother asked with worried tone in his voice, Mother just smiled and faced grandfather with reassuring look on her eyes.

" Father, if I'm the person who can end Kenjaku then I should do it." Mother replied with serious yet gentle tone on her voice.

" Who is Kenjaku?" I asked while facing the two wolves, they then faced me before sighing.

" Kenjaku, Hinami clan's enemy, they've been hunting him for hundred of years but failed. No matter how many times you'll kill him, he will revive as long as his brain was not damage." Kuro explained.

" It was his cursed technique, he can transplant his brain into different bodies to posses them, as long as he have that, he can continue doing evil things and destroy anything he wants to destroy." Shiro then continued, I didn't said anything, I didn't know that the Hinami clan had an enemy before and still hunting it now. I returned my gaze towards my Mother, this time her location changed into a place that I'm not familiar with. A man was standing in front of her, his forehead marks of stiches and he was smiling evilly.

" My, my, another Hinami, are you not tired in hunting me?" The man asked while started walking, circling around with his hands on his back. 

" The Hinami clan will not disappear until you're gone, Kenjaku. That's why the deity offered us the  two sacred wolf." Mother replied, I then faced Shiro and Kuro, Saki always told me that one of the God's gave birth to a two sacred wolf, one for lightness and one for darkness. I always believe that it's just a story but they existed, they only had one purpose in life, to defeat Kenjaku.

" That prophecy was still alive I see. Also, it seems you're mistaken Hinami, only the strong Master can tame the two sacred wolf to defeat me. You're not that strong." Kenjaku replied, Mother didn't said anything but summoned the holy blade, after that the scene suddenly changed. My eyes widened when I saw Mother with lots of bruises and her stomach was bleeding, she was sitting down together with Shiro and Kuro.

" Hana, let's just escape, you're condition is worse." Shiro said but Mother smiled before shaking her head.

" I can't make it. Also, this is our only last chance to erase Kenjaku."