Chapter 48

Mirai's POV
" Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch..." I keep on wincing when Kuro started healing my wounds. I don't know why I feel pain when it comes to him healing me. Shoko is the opposite, she heals me without feeling the pain yet I don't know getting treated is so painful. " That hurts, Kuro. Can you heal me without feeling the pain?"

" Shut up, brat. I'm using my cursed technique to heal you not unlike that brat friend of yours who fix every sorcerer's body without feeling the pain." Kuro said with his irritated voice making me sigh but winced when he continued healing me.

The reason why Kuro is healing me instead of Shoko, some too many sorcerers got injured so she was busy healing and fixing their bodies. As for Satoru he teleported us here to his house but went back to make sure that there are no enemies who are still lurking around. He also believes that Suguro's companions didn't get away that far so there is still a chance he will catch them.

He's really busy, I bet he will be busy again tomorrow. I wish Yaga-sensei will give Satoru a break just for a day, I sighed while grabbing my phone to distract me from feeling the pain. I feel like I forgot something very important, but I can't recall what is it. My eyebrow went up as I check the calendar and my heart dropped making me sit up, but feel an immense pain making me wince.

" What's the wrong brat?"

" I forgot Satoru's birthday!" I yelled before standing up but Kuro grabbed my hand to make me sit.

" Calm down, let me heal you first." He said making me just let him be. Geez, how can I forget his birthday? It's my fault for forgetting it, I planned on how to celebrate his birthday but both of us were busy preparing ourselves for the war and forgot it. I feel so bad and guilty at the same time, I'm the person who always stays beside him yet why did I forget the important day of his life.

" It's done. So how will you celebrate his birthday, though it's way too late for the celebration." Kuro said while standing up, I sighed before leaning my back to the headboard of the couch.

"As you said, it's too late to celebrate. But it's not bad to go outside and have a date instead." I replied making him just scoff and turn his back.

" Good luck then, I'm going back," Kuro said before disappearing making me sigh, should we go out tomorrow? But the war just ended and he's tired also I bet he is not in the mood to go out. But I also want to cheer him up, I mess my hair before laying on the couch. I've decided to ask him out tomorrow, I should also inform Yaga-sensei for him to give Satoru a day off.

I then checked the time and it was 8:30 pm, I should wait for Satoru. My eyes then went back to my phone while searching for some places to go with your lover, but the things that can be seen are beaches, amusement parks, malls, and even theatres. I sighed, even if I searched for some things to do when it comes to date, the same content will appear, like having a romantic dinner, etc. Even if both of us are busy with our work, we still had the time to go outside for dates and we did all the things the couple always does on their dates.

But Satoru is not a person who likes grand dates, so having a simple date is good for both of us. I yawned before stretching my hand, my eyes feel heavy and my body is tired. I guess having a short sleep is not bad, Satoru will wake me up if he comes home. With that, I closed my eyes until I drifted into slumber.

*****
Satoru's POV
It was already late when I arrived home but all the light was turned on, I assumed Mirai is still awake waiting for me. I then removed my shoes and entered inside while calling for Mirai but no response, did she forget to turn off the lights? As I entered the living room, I saw her sleeping on the couch making me smile and approach her. I kneeled to reach her height and I can hear her soft snore making me chuckle.