Chapter 1: Calling Titans: Part One

Disclaimer: I don't own any DC characters or the rights to them.

Calling Titans: Part One

The chair swung. Facing Batman, in his own cave, was a demon clothed in black.

"I thought I would save you the trouble of looking for me." The demon said.

"Then you should have gone straight to prison."

The chair moved again, tracing his movements. "We both know that there is no cell on Earth that can hold me."

The chair stopped moving once he reached the computer and began typing. "There is a planet called Forevx. There are prison cells specially designed for your kind there."

The demon smirked. "Are you comfortable with me being that far away, where you can't monitor me properly?"

"You-" his teeth clenched as he spoke, "-were on Earth, where I had eyes on you, and you still managed to cause trouble."

"It wasn't easy."

"It wasn't supposed to happen, period."

"Then you should've let me die back then."

Silence.

"Our agreement shouldn't have happened," the demon continued.

"You're right." His voice was calm once more, but the sound of the keyboard rang louder. "It shouldn't have. However, I'm going to correct the situation now. I'm contacting Green Lantern to escort you to Forevx."

"I'm not going to Forevx or any other prison." The bats in the cave shrieked, but he heard the words that the demon continued to speak.

They sent cold chills down his spine.

The bats were quiet once more, and the demon's voice echoed. "I'm leaving Earth. I'm leaving with the boy and him."

He turned to face the demon. His blue eyes swirled like a maelstrom in the sea. "You're planning to leave with him? Have you lost your mind?" His voice was cold as a knife.

"You wouldn't believe me if I said no."

He didn't respond. How could he? The decision was crazy, yet it was because of his choices six years ago that this craziness started. "I can't let you leave."

"But you can't let me stay either."

Silent filled the cave-like helium this time; making it hard to breathe but leaving a lot in the air.

"Bruce, I'm leaving." The demon stated softly. "This time there is nothing you can do to stop me."

"I couldn't stop you the last time." His eyes clashed with naturally angry, red ones. " You wanted to stay. I just gave you an excuse. And you could have continued to stay if your selfishness hadn't clouded your judgment."

"Our lie wasn't meant to last."

He sighed and turned back to the computer. "I guess it wasn't. Neither will what you have with that man. "

There was no need to respond because they both knew it was true.

"Goodbye, Bruce." The occupant stood from the chair as magic flooded the cave."

"My original promise will remain on one condition. You-"

2 years before the condition...

"How long have I been doing this?" Richard Grayson thought to himself. He was currently hacking the Jump City Police's computer for a highly classified document.