Truth Reveal

Truth Reveal

The large ball of earth slammed him into the wall of the tunnel. He struggled to stand up as the rocks crumbled around him.

"This is a surprise." He said. "I never thought that you would be on this side of the world using your powers."

"Well, since you are always going over there to see me, I thought, I would come and see you here. Besides, you took something from us."

"Sorry to disappoint you, Terra." He looked at the blond-haired woman. "But you're not getting that back." He reached inside his belt.

"You want to bet?" She walked toward him with another large rock floating beside her.

"Sure, why not?" He threw a large disk at her, creating another explosion.

Terra had used the rock to block the explosion, but it had caused her to fall on the ground. He used the opportunity to get up and attack her.

However, before a punch could land on her, rocks rose from the ground and encased his body from his feet to his chest. Two rocks came from the wall, encasing the arms. The rocks created a cross with his body.

"We aren't doing this again, Slade. Give it to me!" The rocks around his body became tighter.

He felt it before he saw it. His eyes briefly travel to Raven, who was now awake. The rocks glowed black and slowly pulled away from his body.

He felt the struggled between the power of the black glow and Terra's power. The black glow won and it exploded, causing Terra to fall again. He crashed to the ground on his hands and knees. He could hear the footsteps of the other Titans. He got up and ran away. His mission was complete.

The black ball that transported them disappeared, and they all were standing inside of the Tower. Changeling could feel his skin crawl as he felt the eyes of his teammates move between him and Retra. He could only imagine what they were thinking, because he knew the thoughts that was running through his head.

"You guys made it." Willow said cheerfully as she entered the common room. He was happy that the others' eyes had shifted their focus on her.

"How was-" She started to asked but stopped as she studied the group of superheroes closely. "Did something happen?"

"Everything is fine," answered Cyborg. "However, can you give us a moment? We need to discuss something."

"Sure." She said softly, looking at the group a second longer before leaving.

Once she left, he could feel their eyes back on him. He knew that they were waiting for him to say something, yet he couldn't. His mouth wasn't able to speak the words that his mind wanted to tell her.

Standing before him was his fiancée and the love of his life, Retra, yet standing before him was his teenager love and former Titan, Terra.

Standing before him was somebody that he didn't know.

His brain was trying to wrap around the concept.

Years ago, when he met her again, he took her word that she was not Terra. He hadn't wanted to make the same mistake that he did after they return from the fight with the Brotherhood of Evil. He had ignored his heart and other basic instincts and had taken her words as the truth.

Some truth, it turned out to be.

It had taken him a long time and many guilty feelings to push the thought that Retra could be Terra to the back of his mind. He spent years trying to separate the two in his head. Yet, there had been multiple times where he had compared the two, merge them together. He had felt like a crappy boyfriend for it. And now, he found out that he had no reason to.