Repairing

Repairing

"Rise and shine."

Garfield blinked his eyes open. When they were fully opened, he saw Retra's face above his. She was sitting on his waist.

"What time is it?"

"Ten o'clock." She answered.

He groaned and covered his eyes with his arm. He didn't like to wake up before noon unless there was an emergency.

"Oh, no, you don't." Retra said, pulling his arm from his face. "Breakfast is ready, and we need to leave in thirty minutes."

"Leave for what? Why aren't you at work?"

"I took today off. And you would see where we need to go if you get up."

"I don't want to." He rolled over to his side, causing her to move off of him.

"If you don't get up, I'm going to bite you." He ignored her and pulled the covers over his head. "Fine, don't say I didn't warn you."

"Ouch!" He sat up immediately, holding his neck. "What? Are you a vampire now?"

"I warned you. Now, get up and get ready. You can have your breakfast on the way."

"I should bite you back." He threw the covers off him and headed to the bathroom.

"If you turned into a mosquito and bite me, that will be the last thing you turn into."

"Good morning to you, too, bae." He went into the bathroom and slammed the door. He wasn't upset. He was just tired. He didn't get home until late this morning. The team spent most of the night chasing a villain. He had planned on sleeping in until it was time to go to the radio station, but Retra had changed that by waking him up.

Retra and he had been in a better place since their talk last week. They hadn't talked about the affair, but they had been spending more time together and planning the wedding. Everything was returning back to normal.

A couple of minutes later, he emerged from the bathroom, halfway ready to go. He went to the empty bedroom to grab some clothes.

"Where are we going?" He yelled out. He was looking in the closet, trying to figure out what to wear.

"Just put on some shorts and a T-shirt. Oh, grab a hat as well." He did as she said. He was almost finished dressing when she shouted, "Don't forget to put on underwear."

He looked down and pulled on the waist of his shorts. He forgot his underwear. He quickly stripped off his short and grabbed his brief from the drawer. A few minutes later, he walked into the living where Retra was watching TV.

"Ready?" She asked. He nodded. "Let's go." She stood up and headed to the door. However, she quickly turned around to grab a cup. "I'm almost forgot your breakfast. One vegan protein drink."

"Thanks," he said, taking the cup.

.....

"If I hadn't already proposed to you, I would do it again now."

Retra giggled. "I would have said 'yes' this time instead of making you wait for months."

"You are worth the wait."

"You are too." She turned and kissed him.

"Hmm.... Do you want to ride again?" They broke off the kiss and faced the amusement park worker.

"Yes." Gar said.

"Wait." Retra said before he could close the door. "Two more rounds." The man nodded and closed the door.