The Coming of a Storm

"I'm telling you, Kory, something is up with Gar. He didn't seem like himself when I was talking with him on the phone. Are you sure nothing is going on with the team?" Retra said from over the phone.

"I'm sure. He was his usual self when he was with us. However..."

"However, what?"

"He was pretty upset with the whole Mad Mod and Slade incident. It didn't help that Nightwing was being overly aggressive."

"You need to help your boyfriend manage his temper, or I'll kick his butt for being mean to my fiancé."

Kory chuckled. She was used to people complaining to her about Nightwing when he got in his 'mood'. On her planet, when people came to the wife and complain about their husband, it meant that the wife control all the husband's essentials: his mind, his heart, his strength, and his manhood. "Don't worry. Cyborg scolded him a little, and I talked with him before we fell asleep. So, you don't have to worry about my boyfriend's butt."

"Good. But if you think something is going on with Gar, let me know. I feel like I'm not giving him enough attention since the new project started."

"I will let you know if something is going on."

"Thanks, and thanks for helping me out. It's important to me that I don't miss it."

"It's my pleasure. You know that I'm happy to assist at any time."

"I know."

"I will talk with you later. I see someone, who I need to speak with.

"Sure. Bye."

" Bye." Kory hung up the phone and smiled brightly at the male model, who was leaning against her make-up station. He was handsome by Earth's and Tamaran's standards as well as his home planet, which was located next to hers.

"Hello, Princess."

"Hello, Jared." Jared was his Earth's name that he took on since moving to Earth five years ago. He was first the son of a noble man. His father planned for him to inherit the family estate and business; however, Jared wanted a simpler life. Thus, one day, he caught a spaceship to Earth and spent his days modeling. Nonetheless, he went to his home planet often to help his younger brother adjust to the lifestyle that he left behind.

"Did you enjoy the Bulgorini?"

"So, it was you, who bought it. I should have known. I'm surprised you went out that far to receive it."

He chuckled. "Your boyfriend can be quite persuasive."

"Oh, I know." They talked for a while, catching up on work, galactic politics, and life in general. The conversation naturally ended up on family, which caused the atmosphere around them to change.

"I know that you don't like to talk about her," Jared said, "but Taryia told me to give you this." He pull out a Tamaranean messenger from his pocket. "She said that it was important and for you to look at it as soon as possible. "

Kory took the messenger and placed it in her bag. "Did she say what it was about?"

He shook his head. "Only that it was important. She didn't trust anyone from Tamaran to deliver it to you."

"I'll look at it once I return back home."

"Also, she wanted me to give you this." He handed her a hologram photo of a woman and a small child. "The little baby boy is getting bigger. He looks more like his father with each Sun turning." He saw the pain flickering in her eyes. "I'm sorry, princess. I shouldn't have said that. I know it must -"