Loose Ends

Loose Ends

Gar ducked as rice was being thrown on him and Retra. This was the happiest day of his life. He was finally married to the woman that he loved.

They stopped at the end of the crowd of people and turned to wave. After allowing their friends and coworkers to snap a couple of pictures, they turned and ran to the car that was waiting for them down the steps of the reception hall.

"I can't believe that we are married." Gar said from the passenger side of the car. He watched as Retra took off her heel from under her mermaid wedding dress and traded them for flats.

"You should believe it. You asked me twice." She grabbed the seat belt and buckled it. "I'm sorry. I meant begged."

"I didn't beg."

"If you say do."

"I didn't."

"We have only been married three hours and we are already arguing. Is this what I have to look for in our marriage." She checked her mirrors and blind spots before pulling out into traffic.

"That depends. Will there be hot makeup sex afterwards?"

"That depends."

"On what?"

"On how angry you make me."

"Why do you assume that I will be the one who is making you angry. Why can't you be the one who makes me angry?"

"So, should I make you angry on the plane?" She gave him a seductive glance before focusing on the road.

"I would like that." He said in a husky voice. His new brother-in-law was letting them borrow one of his private planes to take them to a private island for their honeymoon.

"I thought that you would."

"Hey, Retra."He said her name in a soft but serious tone.

Retra spared him a quick glance before replying. "Yes?"

"I love you." He watched her smile. He thought his heart was going to burst.

"I love you too."

Kory continued to wave as her two friends got inside of the car and drove off. She was happy for her friend. She finally got the happy ending that she deserved.

She looked down at the bouquet of flowers that she had. She wondered if she was going to get her happy ending as well.

"As you can see..." An excited voice grabbed her attention. "Starfire was the lucky woman who caught the bride's bouquet. Love is in the air for the lovely Starfire. Do you think I have a shot?"

The young teenager with a yellow and red costume ended the Instagram story and posted it on his page.

"You will never have a shot with anyone if you are always on your phone," Willow commented from beside her.

"You sound like my Aunt Iris."

"She sounds like a smart woman."

"She is. Oh, I see some beautiful ladies who need my attention. If you will excuse me." They felt a gush of wind as Kid Flash left them with a few of Kory's flowers.

"You are going to have your hand full with that one." Willow said as they watched them take photos with a group of girls.

"I don't mind." Kory truly didn't. With three of the five Titans leaving the team, Kid Flash's energetic personality was welcome in the Tower. "Actually, I think he is what I need."