The Past (1/7): Starfire

It was hard to return back to Tamaran. While this was the place where she was born and raise, she no longer considered it her home. Earth was her home. Earth was where her friends were. Earth was where Robin was.

"Sister! Sister!" She looked up to see a young Tamaranean flying down the hall of the palace. He was handsome. His short, red hair, green eyes, and orange skin were similar to hers. There was no doubt that he was her baby brother.

He stopped in front of her with his arms wide open, waiting for her to hug him. And she did. She truly missed her younger brother, Wildfire or Ryand'ar, as he was sometimes called. She had fear that she would never see him again, yet he was here on Tamaran with her.

"Welcome home, sister."

"Welcome home, brother."

The siblings smiled and soon fell into easy conversation with one another, both sharing stories about their time away from Tamaran. It was well in the evening when they were interrupted by a knock on the door of Starfire's chamber, where they went to talk.

"Come in," Wildfire said. The door opened to reveal an older Tamaranean. He wasn't like the other Tamaraneans with tan skin. His skin was a deep red and his hair was white, not from age but due to a Tamaranean recessive gene. This was the first time Starfire saw a Tamaranean like him. If it wasn't for his glowing, green eyes, she would have thought that he was an alien from another planet.

"Sorry, Great Ruler," he said from the door. "I came to inform you that Prince Karras and his entourage have arrived. They wish to retired to their room since it is late. They will like to meet with you and the princess tomorrow."

The prince nodded with a smile. "That will be fine. You'll meet your future husband tomorrow," Wildfire said to his sister. "I'm sure that you two will do well together."

Starfire forced a smile, holding back the tears that threaten to fall down from her eyes. She didn't want to do well with Prince Karras or any other man. She wanted to be back on Earth with Robin.

"Don't worry, sister." He grabbed her hands in his. "I'm not like our older sister. Prince Karras is handsome and a great leader. Although he can be very stubborn at times, I'm sure that he will be a great husband for you, and you will be a great princess for him."

"I trust your judgement, Great Ruler." He smiled at her words.

"General Ph'yzzon, come in before you go." The man, who was waiting at the door to be dismissed, came in. "I want you to meet my beautiful sister, Starfire. Starfire, this is the man who watched over me when I was away from home." He informed her as the older man walked into the room and greeted the Great Princess according to Tamaranean customs.

Starfire returned the greeting not knowing that this man would become her protector during her first marriage. And in her second marriage, he would be her husband.

Starfire didn't know what to say. Her brother had chosen very well. Judging by the smug smile that he wore from the head of the table, he knew it.

Prince Karras was very charismatic. He kept the conversation at the table flowing, making sure that everyone had a chance to talk. And when they weren't talking, they were laughing. They talked and laughed so much that the occupants at the table hardly ate their food.

Even Starfire forgot, for that moment, the reason why she came home and the love that she left behind. It also helped that her betrothed was handsome. He had brown, wavy hair, which was a common trait among the Tamaraneans from the Southern States, along with twinkling, green eyes and a heart-melting smile. His orange skin was placed on a well, sinewy body, and his voice was also deep and alluring.