What They Think

What They Think

Changeling knew that watching Retra while she slept was creepy, but he couldn't help it. He had something important to tell her when she woke up.

He wanted to wake her up himself, but she turned into a beast when she was disturbed from her sleep. He was truly afraid of her when she was like that.

She started to awake. He became excited. He had to grabbed the sheet to prevent himself from shaking her in order to wake her up faster.

She stretched and opened her eyes.

"Good morning," he said cheerfully.

"Good morning." She gave him a strange look. "What are you doing up so early?"

"It's not that early. It's seven."

"In the morning?" She asked. He nodded. "That's early for you. Wait. Are we in the Tower?" He watched her look around the room. The room was completely different from the one that they shared at home. This room only held his personality and style.

"Yes, but that isn't important. I have some-"

"Why are we at the Tower? I remembered going to sleep in our bedroom."

"Slade attacked Nighwing at his house last night, and Nightwing thought we should move here. But that isn't important now. I have somet-"

"Wait! So, Slade attacked Nightwing at his house and not the Tower?"

"Yes, but –"

"So, Slade knows Nightwing's secret identity."

"Yes, that isn't important now. I mean, it is but that's not what I want to talk about."

"I don't see how Slade attacking Nightwing at his apartment and knowing Nightwing's secret identity are not important."

"Because Nightwing and Raven are dating." He said fast before letting out a deep breath.

"Said what?" A shock expression graced Retra's face.

"Nightwing and Raven are dating."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes."

"Since when?"

"I don't know. I found out yesterday. I was texting Amy when-"

"Wait. Why were you texting Amy?"

"She was wondering why I havn't been playing online games lately. Usually, we play together."

"Oh."

"As I was saying, I was texting Amy when I realized that I forgot to give Cyborg back his paper. When I went back to give it to him, Nightwing and Cyborg were fighting. Cyborg was like." Changeling threw some air punches. "And Nightwing was like." He pretended to dodge his air punches. "I was like." He pretended to eat popcorn while watching the fight. "And Cyborg was like."

"Gar!" She stopped him from doing another act.

"Sorry. But in summary, Nightwing confirmed that they were dating, and Cyborg didn't like it."

"I don't blame him. I don't like it either."

"Why not?"

"You can't be serious."

"Don't get me wrong. I ship Starry Night all day, but the fact is Starfire isn't here anymore. And if they make each other happy, why shouldn't I be happy for them?"

"So, if you died and Cyborg and I started to date, would you be happy with it?"

"I mean..." He scratched the back of his head as he thought about it. "I would want you to be happy, but..."