Getting Help

Getting Help

"Back so soon?" Richard glanced up to see the shop owner coming over to greet him.

"Yes," he said. "I hope, I'm not bothering you by coming so often." He teased, shaking the owner's hand once she got closer.

"You know, I always enjoy your presence here as well as your wallet. I was disappointed to hear that you ended your relationship with your last girlfriend. She had such excellent taste. However, I'm excited to hear that you have a new girlfriend."

Dick chuckled in good humor. "I don't know if you will like my new girl. She prefers books over jewelry."

"Don't be ridiculous. All females prefer jewelry. You just have to find the right ones that is fit her style."

"I'll take your word for it."

"Make sure your wallet does, too." Dick shook his head, wondering if the shop owner prefered money to jewelry.

"What can I help you spend your money on today?" She asked with a smile.

"Do you remember the necklace that I ordered?"

"Of course, it was unique. I wouldn't have forgotten it."

"I want to order another one."

The owner raised an eyebrow. "What happened to the first one, if you don't mind me asking?"

"She lost it." He still remembered the sad look on Raven's face when she told him.

"Well, I might like this new girlfriend of yours if she is losing jewelry that you are willing to replace."

Dick shook his head mentally this time. He was now ninety percent sure that the owner preferred money. "She isn't the type to misplace items. This was probably a onetime only thing."

"Pity," she mumbled. "I will order a new one right away. Will you like to make any changes to the new necklace?"

"No," he replied. "Keep it the same."

"What about adding a matching bracelet or earring?"

"No, the necklace is good enough."

"Okay, I will send you a message when it is ready. Would you like to look around," she ask, gesturing at the jewelries around the shop, "and see if you can find something else that may interest you?"

He glanced around the store from where he stood. He didn't want anything else from inside the store. However, there was something that he was thinking about for a while. "Actually, there is something that I need your opinion on."

...

Twenty minutes later, a minute before his lunch break ended, Dick returned to the police station to find it busy and crowded with news reporters.

"What's going on?" He asked a cop who was walking by.

"You know that crazy wolf that was capture and escaped?"

"You mean, the one that was killing campers."

"Yup, that's the one. It massacred two families and members from a camping club sometime between last night and this morning. I heard the site looked like a slaughter house. They should have shot the darn thing on site when they captured him the first time, if you ask me.

"Now, we have to go searching for it since animal control doesn't have enough people in the mayor's opinion." He continued. "They should give the case back to the Titans. They were the ones who caught that animal the first time."