Unraveling

Unraveling

Garth couldn't believe this. She was gone. When he arrived in the morning, she was gone. All she left was a letter saying that she was driving out of town and that she would be back tomorrow morning.

He breathed in and out. Out. Out. In. Out. In. Out

Okay, he thought. It's okay. I will just talk with her when she gets back. She will be here tomorrow.

He was calm. He was fine. He wasn't angry. He was a ticking time bomb.

"Let me get the door for you princess." His heart warmed as she laughed at him while he rushed to push the elevator button.

"Thank you, my gmoirnort."

"Gmornot?" Nightwing struggled with the word, causing Starfire to laugh again.

"Gmoirnort."

"Gmoirnot," He said correctly with a frown. "Why doesn't it sound like a complement?"

"It is. Gmoirnot are very important on my planet. They do all the small tasks, so everyone else can complete the important tasks. For example, carrying all the shopping bags is very important." She lifted the bags, which she accumulated from their, or rather her, shopping trip.

"No offense, love, but you're stronger than me." He said as he pushed the button for the common room. "Plus, I am carrying your most important bag." He held up her purse up to emphasize his point. "Your spring line 2020 purse. Who is the designer again?"

"Javier Tooka."

He whistled. "Tooka. That's a year worth of my paychecks."

"I didn't spend a nickel. It was a gift."

"I'm so lucky to have a famous model as a girlfriend. That way, she gets free, expensive gifts that I don't have to pay for. "He joked.

"Hmm, maybe I should dump you and find a rich boyfriend. Maybe someone who can do more for me like carry my bags and buy me Javier Tooka."

"Well, I know for a fact that you will never leave me."

"Don't be so sure. I left you once to marry someone else." She grasped as soon as she realized what had left her mouth.

It stung, but he knew that she didn't mean the words in a negative way. Her marriage to the late Prince Karras was still a sore subject for them. Not wanting to start an argument after a perfectly good day, he smirked and playfully said. "But you came back. You came back for this." He grabbed her and kissed her passionately.

She moaned and dropped her bags on the floor. They closed the space in-between them. Her arms went around his neck, and his arms tightened around her waist.

They must have stayed in each other embraced for a long time, because they had returned back to the first floor.

"So, do we need to catch the next elevator?" They broke apart quickly like two teenagers, who were caught making out on their parents' couch.

"No," he cleared his throat to get the lust out of his tone. "We can take this one together."

Starfire quickly grabbed her bags and moved to the other side of the elevator.

"Well, at least, you all have clothes on this time." Changeling said earning a smack up side his head from his male teammates. "What! It's true."

"Dude," Cyborg whispered loudly. "Not in front of the lady." They turned to see Star's scarlet red face.

"How about not mentioning it again." Nightwing said tightly.

"Sorry," their green friend mumbled.