Surprise, I know

Surprise, I know

Punch.

His fist connected with the right side of the robot before he jammed an elbow into its face.

Duck.

He avoided the sword by an inch and lowered to the floor.

Kick.

He kicked the robot off of his feet. He chopped the robot's wrist, causing it to drop the sword.

Kill.

He grabbed the sword and swing it at the robot's head. The head rolled on the ground. And the body fell on the floor, just like the other robots.

He was sweating. His breath was laborious. This training took a lot out of him. However, he was able to complete it with a new record.

"How was it?" He turned to the little boy, who was watching his training. The boy shook his head.

"That bad?" The boy nodded. He sighed, taking the seat next to the boy. The boy had been his only friend and confidant during his contact agreement. Even though, there was an age gap and other factors between them, the silent, yet entitled brat was his only companion in the building.

When the deal between him and the parties involve were completed, he hoped that he was able to take the boy with him. However, he highly doubted that he could. The boy was a highly prized possession around here. Plus, he couldn't afford to take care of the boy. He was too high maintenance.

He put the thought of taking the boy with him away. He had his own issues that he needed to focus on.

"Okay, what did I do wrong?" He turned to look at the boy, listening to the list of his flaws. He was impressed with the boy. He was truly a precocious child.

"How was his training, child?" They stood as the master mind behind this mission walked into the room.

The boy held up his head high and gave him a list of his accomplishments and flaws during the training. The list of flaws was extremely shorter than the one that he just gave. They boy always looked out for him. If things were different, maybe they could have been partners.

A Dynamic Duo.

"Do you think he is ready to go back?" The boy looked between them before answering that he was.

He shifted his weight. The boy was too generous.

"Good." The master mind turned to look at him. "Slade, don't fail me again."

"I won't."

"I know." The master mind turned to the small boy. "Come, child. We have training to do." They left him, and the silence was suffocating.

Raven smiled as she watched the person run off. He had promised her that he would come back with cake and ice cream for her. She had tried to stop him but he was gone before she could open her mouth.

"Should I be worry?" She looked to her left and watch Dick sit down beside her. "He has been talking to you since we got here."

"I don't know." She said, looking at the person, who was grabbing two plates from the table. "He is pretty attentive, and he is bringing me cake and ice cream when my own boyfriend forgot about me." She watched Dick take a bite out of his cake.

"This was for you." He said. "But I didn't want to hurt your new friend's feelings. After all, he is trying really hard." She turned to see the person walking back to the table slowly while trying to balance the plates in his hands. He dismissed anyone who offered him help.