Let's Try

Let's Try

Rachael watched him as he watched her. His blue eyes were morphing into a simmering fire.

"Raven," Dick said. His voice controlled every syllable of her given name. "I..." He licked his lips. "Are you sure? We don't have to. There's no pressure."

Was she sure? No, absolutely not. However, Mari was right. This was the person who went to hell and back for her. This was person who saved her countless of time, and one of those times had been from herself. She didn't need to protect him. They needed to fight together, like they did on the team.

"My father controls, or rather influence, majority of the decisions that I had made in life. I left my home because of him, and I hid in the shadows, afraid that if I came out, he would too. I have many fears, Dick, and many secrets, but I'm tired of hiding and being afraid." The words of the priest came to her. "I want live. I want to take back some of my father's influence. I don't want...I don't want to hide anymore.

"I'm not sure about this, but I want to try. If it doesn't work, then-"

"One day at a time." He finished for her. She nodded. He smiled. "Okay."

She smiled, too. This felt right. Right here and now, with him, felt right. "I don't know what to expect when..." She blushed. "I'd only tried that with Goth. I let fear prevent me from trying again with someone else or from opening up." He remained silent, listening. "I don't know how my father was able to contact Goth or if he really was going to eat him. But I do know that my powers are the start of the process. When I looked inside Goth mind, I felt my lust was triggering his.

"The night, I left your place. I saw the same lust in your eyes, as well. If I try to control my emotion more than it should prevent it."

"Don't hold back."

"But-"

"No fear, remember. We will take it head on." Her smiled widened. If he ever stopped being a cop, he would make a great motivational speaker or life coach.

"No fear," she repeated. They stared in each other eyes. Determination and trust and love floated in the air around them. Although, they looked away after a minute. A faint blushed coated their cheeks.

"Umm... I think the next part of our plan is to do it."

She nodded, still not looking at him. When did it become so awkward? They had made out several of times before and had almost cross the line twice. Yet, none of those moments were awkward as this one.

"How about I take a shower." Her boyfriend said, standing up. "Guys' night got pretty rough, and I had to stop two criminals on the way here."

"Of course. Everything is in the bathroom."

"Okay. He stared down. His blue eyes were intense. He bended down and gave her a quick peck on the lips. "Don't fall asleep on me."

"I won't." He nodded and left her for the bathroom. When she heard the door close, she covered her scarlet face with her hands.

This was awkward.

"This is exciting. You're about to lose your virginity." Rachael jumped at Mari's voice.

Rachael quickly glanced at the bathroom door before turning to Mari. "You shouldn't be out when he is here." She whispered.

"Then let's hurry up before he comes out." She whispered back.

"Hurry up with what?"

"Are you going to wear that for your first time?"

Raven looked down. What she had on was comfortable, not sexy. "He already knows what I wear to bed."