Game Night

Game Night

The mission was simple. They were to retrieve the box and head back to the base with it.

Yet, the mission was complicated. They had to find the box, which constantly moved due to the people that were after it. Furthermore, they had to avoid the enemy as much as possible. If the enemy couldn't be avoided, they had to take down. Permanently.

It was a long night, and one of the Titans was already down. But they pushed on as their fellow Titan waited for them in the common room with his fiancée, watching the mission.

In the years to come, this night would be remembered by all the Titans.

"Put your weapon down, or I'll shoot your girlfriend in the head."

"No!" Willow yelled, trying to escaped the arms of the person who had capture her. "I'm not worth it. Leave me."

Cyborg sat with his back against the wall, wondering how the night turned out like this. He thought back to the beginning.

It was seven o'clock when he rang the doorbell to Willow's house. Game night would begin at eight o'clock. They would make it on time as long as they left Willow's house in fifteen minutes. She lived on a side of the city that was far away from the Tower.

"Hi," she answered the door with a smile. His heart still thumped at the site of her; even though, they had been dating for a little over three months now. "The pies are almost finished." She gave him a quick peck on the lips before moving out of the way to let him in.

The aroma from the pies drifted from her oven to his nose. "Is that blueberry pie?" He asked as she closed the door behind him.

"Yes, it is." She moved past him to go back into the kitchen. He followed behind her.

"But I like apple pie better." He pouted.

"Well, it's not for you. It's for your friend Raven." She took the pies out of the oven and placed them on the stove top to cool. "She likes blueberry pies, right?"

He nodded. "Why are you baking her favorite pie and not mine?"

"Because I want her to like me. You said that she would be the hardest one to win over."

"No, what I said was 'She only prefers to have friendship with people that she already knows, So, don't be offended if she rubs you the wrong way."

"Um-hm. As I said, she will be the hardest one to win over. So, I baked her favorite pie."

"You didn't have to. Apple pie would have been good." When he noticed the look that she gave him, he added. "I'm sure that she will like you from the minute that I introduce you."

"Does she like Retra?"

"Kinda." She was always polite to Retra, but she wasn't overly friendly. She wouldn't talk with her unless she had to.

"Does she like Amy?"

"Um...a little." She hated her. He couldn't understand why. Everyone loves Amy. When he asked about her it, she replied, 'she is trying too hard.' He still didn't know what that meant. "You know what, you should probably add whipped cream on top. Raven loves whipped cream."

"Done." She went to the fridge and grabbed the whipped cream.

"You know you don't have to try so hard. If she doesn't like you, it will be fine, because I'll always like you."