....Issues

"What's up with that?" Richard inquired as he dropped his bag beside his desk.

Matt glimpsed up at the officers gathering in the small room. "They found another camper body this morning. The wild animal is moving closer to the city, I guess. The body was found in Ridge. "

"Isn't that a job for animal control? "

"Beats me. Speaking of jobs, it seems like your case for the commissioner solved itself. "

"What?"

"If you weren't late for work, you would have been here when that babe walked in. If I had known that the owner of the bar was a knockout, I would have volunteered myself."

Ignoring the last part, he continued to ask about the case.

"The file is on your desk. You're welcome, Mr. Hard Work and Impeccable Skills. I did all the paperwork for you. "

"Thanks" he said dryly knowing his partner probably flirted with her the whole time.

Opening up the file, he read a load of crap. Nevertheless, the result was what Rachael wanted: the kid off the hook.

"Do you believe any of this?" He questioned his partner taking a pen and marking through the file.

He might show up to work late all the time, but he took his work seriously. There was no way he was going to turn in the current report, which Matt did, to Payne. The commissioner would chew him out for it if he did.

His partner answered," The hot owner agreed with the kid's story, and the money was returned. What else was there to do but to sign off? You're thinking too much into it."

"Maybe you are not thinking enough."

"Why are you so bend out of shape about it? The case is closed. You don't have to spend extra hours babysitting a bar. Or were you counting on that?" Matt leaned closer to Dick. "You were going to use the case to try and get into the owner's panties, right?"

He snorted in disgust. "I'm not like you, Matt. I don't use my job to pick up girls."

"Because you're not here enough to." He leaned back in his chair just as the phone rang.

"Officer Brusome," he answered.

After a moment of listening and writing, he said, "Sure, we're on our way." He hung up the phone and stood up.

"Let's go. We got a case."

"Why are you so nervous? We are interviewing her, not the other way around."

Victor looked at Amy before glancing back at the candidate's folder.

"Since the other candidates pulled their applications after finding out about the old CTO's murder, I keep thinking that she will too, and we will have to train a CTO from scratch. Just thinking about it gives me stomach ulcers."

"Can you get stomach ulcers?"

He shot her a look.

"Right. Back on topic." She murmured before saying. "This is the candidate that we wanted anyways. I'm sure we will win her over. Just in case, I upgraded the benefit package: more holidays and sick leave, great medical insurance, student loan payments plan with the company matching dollar for dollar, and ten percent increase from the old salary."

"We are basically bribing her without saying so."

She nodded. He extended his fist and she dapped him back.

"Worst case scenario: we'll promote Paul to the position, and spend the next couple of months working late nights while teaching him the ropes."

They shared a look. They hated late nights.