Let her be

Quans POV
      It's bin about a month and a half  since we've heard from Mal and I'm really worried about her. The guys and I went out to go find her but we never did. Where ever she is I hope that she's ok and doing well, I pray that she comes home soon. The kids are probably out back or something I'm not sure. They are worried about Mal but they understand. Right now I'm in the room laying down with Aklia, guys this girl got a mouth bro she babbles all day long. As I played with her I got a call when I looked at my phone it read "Mamas🧸💕" it was Mal.

"Hello baby are you ok? Where are you? When are you coming back?" I asked.

"Hi... I'm fine." Was all she said she didn't sound like herself.

"Babe where are you?" I asked again.

"I I don't know to be honest." She said.

"What you mean you don't know? When are you coming back?" I asked with a brow raised.

"I...I." She didn't know what to say. "I don't know... I'm so lost and confused I just... I don't know." She said.

"Mal please tell me where you are or come home we need you." I sighed.

"I'll hurt you, I'll hurt all of you." Her entire tone just completely changed.

"No you won't baby please what's going on?" I longed for an answer.

"I will I promise." She said as the phone hung up.

I looked at my phone then got up grabbing Aklia in the process. I headed downstairs then looked at everyone.

"Sam where's Mal?" I asked.

"I don't know Quan." She looked at me.

"She just called me." I said as I sat down.

"What? She did? What did she say?" Ben asked as he looked at me.

"She didn't say much honestly she just said she was fine. She said she was lost and confused but after that her entire mood switched up." I told him.

"She's fighting she's still trying to find herself." Sam told me.

"She needs help she can't do it by herself." Nykara said as she walked into the living room.

"What do you mean?" I looked at her.

"Well I've bin texting mom for the past 2 weeks now and you're right aunty Sam she is fighting. But, it's to strong for her she can't do it on her own. One minute she would be texting me just fine the next minute I wouldn't get a text back or, I'll get a text back that be like "stop texting me I'll hurt you." She needs help." She looked at me.

   "Why you ain't never tell me this?" I asked.

    "She told me not too the first time she contacted me it was a call. She was asking about us all and she wanted to know how we were doing. She can be herself but only for a little while. Moms a fighter but this a battle that she really needs help with. Dad she is really trying to get back to us." She told me.

  "C'mon let's go find her." I said as I got up.

   "Quan no." Sam said with a frightened look on her face. "I'm begging you please let her be she has to do this on her own. She is far to dangerous in this state please leave her alone. She will hurt you Quan she has no feeling, no emotion, she doesn't care so please." She looked at me.

  "If Mal needs me I'm going to go find her and help her I'm not going to stay here and do nothing." I looked at her.

   "Quan you do not want to do this I promise you don't want to do this." She was shaking.

    "You're hiding something, what is it?" I said/asked.

     "Nothing please just trust me Mal is to dangerous right now and you guys will get hurt." She said.

    "Why should I trust you after all that you put her through?" I asked.

    "That's fair." She sighed.

     "Dad!" I heard Ermias yell my name as if he saw a damn ghost.

   We all headed out back and there stood Mal across the backyard looking at us all.

    "Has she just bin standing there?" Dante asked.

     "I was playing with the dogs then I looked up and just saw her there watching us. I called out to her but she didn't answer she just stood there staring. When I tried to go to her she would take steps back so I called you. Moms hurting and I don't like to see her like this please go talk to her, do something." He told me.

  I was about to go to her but Sam grabbed me. "Quan I'm begging you let her be." She looked at me.

   I looked at her then I looked at Mal and she was looking right at me. She had this look in her eyes that I couldn't explain. I dragged my hand away from Sam and I went to her but stayed a couple feet away.

   "Mal." I called out to her but she just stared at me. "Are you ok? Talk to me." I told her.

   She didn't say a word nor did she move a muscle but her face went soft and tears started to form. When I looked into her eyes I knew that this was now my Mal.

  "This is to dangerous but I... I needed to see you all." She sniffed.

   "It's ok baby we were just about to come look for you." I said.

   "No it's not ok I can hurt you guys and I don't want to. Don't come looking for me please when the time is right I'll." She stopped mid sentence and I saw her jaw clench, fist balled, and her eyes just change.

   "Mal, baby Cmon." I said. "You have to fight this." I told her.

   Her face softened once again. "Don't come looking for me stay away from me I." She squeezed her eyes shut then looked at me. She was fighting it and I knew it. "Stay away I'll come to you." She teared up. "I love you guys never forget that." She said as she walked away.

    As she walked away and ran up to her and grabbed her arm. When I did that she looked at me but it was her it wasn't my Mal.

   "Aht aht aht wrong move." She gave me a sinister smile as pulled out a switchblade from the inside of her sleeve.

   I let her go and backed up. "Mal it's me it's Quan, Mal you have to fight this we need you here. Baby please." I begged.

   She ran up on me and was about to stab me but she caught herself. When she looked at me then at the switchblade she couldn't believe it. She dropped the switchblade and ran away. I looked at her as she ran and tears started to form in my eyes.

   "I told you to leave her alone." Sam said. "You think that's anything? Keep troubling her and trying to help her, I guarantee you'll see the real monster. I know cause I tried to help her the first time. Let her be and let her fight this on her own. She will hurt you Quan I promise. Ive seen what she's done before and I know what she can do when she's in this state. She was much younger back then but she's older now which means she is way more dangerous. Mal is strong and she can fight this on her own, she will find herself again... Leave her alone." She said as she walked inside.

   The guys and I looked at each other then we looked at the kids. Whatever Sam witnessed back then has her shook now and she's terrified of Mal. I'm not going to let this go, I need to know what she knows.