Unexpected Feelings

Bens pov
   Y'all gone get tired of hearing from me but, anyways, we're decorating the house for Christmas. This year, we went for a Grinchmas Christmas since everybody's so damn grumpy, also because Mals favorite Christmas movie was the Grinch. Once again Quan isn't here and I don't know why but I'm not tripping. He's kinda going through it right now so I understand. He ain't handling Mal being away very well. Anywho right now the kids are decorating the Christmas tree of course I took a picture of them to give to Mal. Talking bout Mal she's calling.

   "Hey girl heyyyy." I laughed as I answered the phone.

   "Im bout sick of yo ass Benjamin." She laughed.

  "The fuck I told you bout calling me by my name nigga." I said to her.

   "Ain't shit funny now huh." She chuckled.

   "Yeah yeah shut up...wassup?" I asked.

     "I need you to go find Quan right now." She said seriously.

    "Why? Wassup? Is something wrong?" I asked as I grabbed my keys, slipped in my shoes, and walked out the house.

   "I don't know I feel like he's about to do something stupid. I just got off the phone with him and he didn't sound like himself. He was being weird you know? Acting funny. I don't know what it is but you gotta find him." She said.

   "Ok ok I'm going." I said as I hopped in the car and drove off. "Where do you think he could possibly be?" I asked.

   "I don't know that's the thing." She was really worried. "His location! I added him to the life 360 app and he still has no clue check it." She said.

   I checked the app and bingo. "Got him." I said.

   I sped down the road heading to him after about 10 mins I pulled up. I hoped out the car and I ran inside the house looking for him. I searched the whole damn house for this nigga where the fuck could he be? I headed out back and there he was on the bench crying with his head in his hands.

  "I found him Mal." I said.

   "Thank you." She said as she let out a sight of relief.

   "I'll text you later ok? I'm gonna go talk to him." I told her.

   "Ok see ya." She said before she hung up.

   I walked over to him then sat down next to him, I didn't know what to say or where to start. I knew exactly what he was feeling and how he was feeling. I don't get why he's in this abandoned house though.

  "Quan?" I called out to him.

   "Yeah?" He sniffed.

    "Are you ok bro?" I asked which was a dumbass question cause obviously he's not dumbass.

   "No." He sniffed again. "I miss her bro...I miss her so much this shit is killing me." He cried.

    "I totally understand my guy but, things happen you know? And you just gotta get through it, it's not gonna be easy but you have us and we'll get you through it we got you. Mal will be out in no time I promise you just gotta keep pushing. I was where you are when she first got locked up but, I had to realize that Mal wouldn't want me like this. Bro you know she would hate to see you like this and you know exactly what she would tell you. She'd probably smack you but you know that she would tell you that it's going to be ok and you're stronger than this. That you shouldn't let this get to you, you shouldn't let this bring you down. Bro I swear to you that it's going to be ok so stop crying." I told him.

   "I know, but, it's not fair that she's in there she was just protecting herself and her family from the people out to get us. I need her Ben I can't be without her bro. To wake up without her, go sleep without her, spend days without her, I can't do it anymore." He said as he wiped his face.