1 - Transference [FINAL]

It was the first day of the year 20XX, and the world had finally been rid of the global pandemic that had haunted humanity for years. For nearly a decade, humans had enjoyed true freedom, no longer fearing the deadly virus.

This day also marked the anniversary of the establishment of friendly relations between the Federal States of the Philippines and the Russian Federation.

After years of conflict, the Philippines had become a strong and independent nation, with unmatched defense capabilities on land, sea, and air.

On this highly anticipated day, the Philippine government and its Russian counterpart unveiled their most ambitious project called the "RusPhil Ozone Joint Venture." This partnership had successfully replicated the Earth's ozone layer in small scale, a groundbreaking achievement in the field of quantechnology. The goal was to create an ozone layer large enough to cover the entire Philippines, a country without land borders.

The mission was designed to protect everything within the country's circumference as global warming worsened, causing droughts, massive agricultural losses, more frequent and deadly typhoons, rapid declines in public health, and a global average temperature reaching critical level.

Countries near the equator were outraged at the prospect of being baked alive in the sun and subjected to a constant stream of natural disasters, all because wealthy nations had prioritized economic gain over their promise to reduce greenhouse carbon emissions.

Humanity had failed both nature and itself.

As the Philippines and Russia unveiled their ambitious "RusPhil Ozone Joint Venture" project, it became clear that there would be complications and requirements to overcome.

The Philippines had implemented an isolationist policy, with no aircraft allowed to enter its airspace. Instead, passenger-based space rockets were the only way to travel from inside to outside the country, leading to the financial downfall of the international flight industry and a complete halt to the inflow of foreign visitors.

This collaborative project also sparked jealousy among nations in the ASEAN region, particularly its founding fathers. Due to territorial disputes and instability in the region, it was almost impossible for these countries to join the quantum project. 

In order to do so, they would need to convince China, India, and others to surrender or sell some of their territories – a prospect that could lead to unwanted wars and the end of warm foreign relations.

The only option for these ASEAN countries was to take a simpler approach, such as planting billions of trees and installing cooling systems in cities.

Meanwhile, at the heart of the Philippines, a massive reclamation site was under construction near the coastal waters of Boracay Island.

This site, known as the "Center of National Circle," would be the center of the RusPhil Ozone Joint Venture and home to the world's largest quantech device. But as construction progressed, rumors began to circulate about hidden agendas and secret deals being made behind closed doors. As tensions rose and mistrust grew, it became clear that the RusPhil Ozone Joint Venture was not as straightforward as it seemed.

 As tensions rose and mistrust grew, it became clear that the RusPhil Ozone Joint Venture was not as straightforward as it seemed