Chapter 42- Ambassador of United Nations of Ordesax

Royal Palace, Helgium Capital, Heather Kingdom—

Two men strolled down the stone corridor of the royal palace in the Kingdom of Heather. They carried themselves with a certain dignity and pride, even their gait was refined. This was expected of these two longtime vassals of the kingdom.

One was a civil official. The other was a military officer. Though in separate spheres of influence, they were appointed around the same time and remained on friendly terms. They’d occasionally meet up at the palace to share a spirited discussion or two.

On this day, however, the hallway wasn’t filled with their usual merry chatter, clouded instead by matching solemn looks.

There was only one reason for their gloom.

“The Archduke of Whillistine, his Prime Minister’s condition…doesn’t look too promising and without the rightful heirs to the throne.”

The civil official croaked in a voice thick with emotion.

Shutting his eyes tightly, the military officer sighed for every mystery and chaos that happened lately.

No one thought the Archduke who serves as the kingdom's defense, was lying down in bed.

“Well, with the sudden disappearance of the Royal Family—it must be particularly rough on the Prime Minister, given his physical condition…”
“Oh, the whims of the heavens! I’ve heard other countries are in shambles from losing key decision makers although the Prime Minister is now the temporary King and holder to the Heatherean Throne, he's not enough to the task and he is more on battlefields than paperwork.”
“He never sleeps these past days, they say the Archduke himself has fallen ill because of that. Thanks to that, the other royal courts have become dens of little devils. Given these political turmoils, I am afraid we can't defend our homeland from another imperial invasion”
“I can't think of any reason why the vanished king let his country divided into two factions”

The civil official sharply exhaled through his nose.

“Sure, he might’ve managed to unite the Kingdom with his charisma and intelligence, but they say the brighter the light, the darker the shadow becomes when it vanishes… I guess this is all the more true since they’ve yet to name a successor.“
”Well, our kingdom isn’t much different. But unlike them, we have hope in…”

He trailed off as a figure appeared on the far side of the corridor.
No sooner had they confirmed his identity than they immediately stepped aside to salute. This was a rare sight indeed. Not many people in the palace warranted such a display.

“Lord Rooks. Good morning, Your excellence.“

They greeted in unison.

Standing before them was a young boy and his female friend— no, his loved one.

He was succeeded to the throne by the Monarch law, the new crown prince of the Kingdom of Heather, Rooks Whillistine.

If by chance no one knows, he is the only one who confronts Luna, the famous assassin Crescent Moon Viper at the Academy, and their battle became a hot topic for months.

“Oh, morning,” he replied.

He was only sixteen years old—a boy by most standards—but he’d just been appointed as the prince regent, tasked with running government affairs in place of his ailing father.

“What’s with those cheerless expressions? …Is it about my father?”

The two reverently responded to Rooks’ inquiry.

“Yes, Your Highness,” confirmed one.
“Our deepest apologies. When we received word about His Royal Majesty’s condition…,” started another.
“I see”