Chapter 50 - Eduardo Rizal and the End of Terrorism

NPA-ONE Headquarters, the clandestine hub of various terrorist groups in the Federal States of the Philippines, stood concealed beneath the northwest Cotabato area and the northeastern segment of a nearby mountain range.

Despite its seemingly counterintuitive location, nestled amidst villages and cities where even children could safely wander alone at night, this strategic choice aimed to elude detection by Luna's government.

However, it restrained the terrorists' movements, as any misstep could unveil their location, inviting swift action from Luna's agents and the military, leading to the total eradication of the entire terrorist network. A single surface-level incident could echo like a lion's roar, drawing Luna's attention.

Throughout the year, a gray mist enveloped the mountains, creating an overcast atmosphere. Yet, beneath these mountains lay fertile fields and vegetation, thriving without sunlight, nourished by abundant rainwater from surface rivers.

This clandestine haven, named the Dominion, boasted underground structures and buildings constructed in recent decades, surrounded by an intricate cave network overlooking farms and a vibrant ecosystem.

 Unbeknownst even to Luna and her associates, this location held ancient biodiversity.

The extensive cave networks, spanning thousands of kilometers beneath the Cotabato mountain range, were perilous, teeming with dangerous creatures. However, within this labyrinth, a city had been established.

On this particular day, a weighty atmosphere permeated the NPA-ONE Headquarters as leaders from various terrorist groups convened on the third floor of the main building for an evaluation meeting.

In the lobby, Mohammed Mahad Ampatuan, the head of the Ampatuan Brothers Group, sat with a concerned expression, flanked by the younger vice-leaders of NPA-ONE and their high-ranking subordinates. The leaders of prominent terrorist groups like ISIS and Hamas chapters were also present.

In the center of the hall, Isshamad Bin Laden, towering over others, confronted his father Ushama Bin Laden, seated cross-legged.

"Father! President Luna and Razenia Monte caused the recent massacres on our bases. My hidden bases on the surface were annihilated. I'll take revenge!" Isshamad angrily declared.

Mohammed Mahad appeared worried, questioning Luna's actions: "Did President Luna massacre our fellow Filipinos, branding them as terrorists? Razenia Monte, one of the Legion of Four, is too powerful even for our combined forces. Reports suggest you were in Northern Luzon at the time. How did you reach Mindanao so swiftly? I underestimated your abilities. Perhaps, if you had joined us earlier, this wouldn't have escalated. Maybe, things wouldn't have reached this point if you had become my wife..."

The leaders glared at Isshamad, and Ushamad, visibly upset, scolded him further:

"You're brave but lack governance skills. Your actions led to the annihilation of our bases and the loss of thousands of members. Our goal is to bring down the government, not self-destruction! You failed to kill Razenia and even lost to Luna. Do you think revenge is an option for us in our current state? You've made us a laughing stock on the news, hunted by bounty hunters, and jeopardized our strategic ideologies. You've dishonored the NPA-ONE!" Ushamad chastised his son sternly.

Ishhamad's fists clenched, and the anger in his chest rose to the point where it seemed like it would burst at any time.

"Big brother!" Suddenly, Allib, who sat beside Ushamad, exclaimed:

"Ishhamad is just full of youthful vigor. Although he is a bit reckless, our group reveres fighting power. Moreover, he did this for the group. Please don't say that you'll let anyone inherit the seat. It should be fine if everybody just works hard enough to help Brother Ishhamad."