Chapter 40- Is Luna A Devil Or An Angel

NW: The contents will think you about Luna and her morality.

————

A day after Xylma left the country, the communist insurgents somehow got the intel regarding the teleportation prowess of the mage girl, and the exact day she'll leave, they take the opportunity to launch an attack on the weakest military bases in the southwestern part of Mindanao and steal.

The President resides at the New Malacañang Palace in New Clark City, Pampanga, Central Luzon most of the time so without her mage agent, it takes longer than instantly get there.

Although no further repercussions on nearby militarily-protected cities and municipalities, the said military bases suffered huge casualties.

The longest reigning terrorist group in the country, ISIS-linked NPA-ONE wants to destroy the government, established a communist state, eradicate the ideologies that don't align with their religion and cleanse all the Filipinos they deemed brainwashed by the government and influenced by the President's evilness.

Although they aren't listed as citizens on the central database national and are considered terrorists and aliens, they are great at hiding and intelligence gathering. The President was irritated and wanted to catch the ringleader of the said group.

After all, it was reminiscent of battles between cats and mice for a long time.

Luna upon arriving immediately issued an emergency and summoned all Mindanao military generals.

“Now, let’s get this meeting started. Secretary General of Western Command Headquarters?”
“Indeed.”

With the same wording that she used before the war, the President begins the meeting.

However, the meeting’s participants have changed since then. Specifically, they’ve decreased in number. There were originally ten seats but now three of them are vacant.

“Now, let us begin with status reports from each army. The First Group of L Battalions’ leader, Commander Agnibati, has been killed while defending the base. The army itself also suffered catastrophic losses. We have since redistributed the survivors into other armies.”

The military secretariat of the headquarters scrolls and zooms out through the document on the large monitor to relay more information about the First Group of Battalions’ current situation.

As it happens, the document file also contains the reason for their demise.

However, he makes no mention of that and skips the part. Everyone here already knows the reason, and the meaning behind it, too.

The said group of battalions was destroyed in battle with the terrorists. However, it was certainly not destroyed by old weapons of the 20th century but instead by advanced weapons capable of high tracking and detention that were smuggled.

The terrorists were attacking bases that were situated in higher mountains.

As the most geographically disadvantageous for acquiring supplies, it was formidably built and garrisoned with military forces to match hoping some terrorist groups hiding there.

“This is precisely why the deceased Commander Agnibati sortied the best troops of his army to defend the base.

At first, the terrorist groups seemed to be evenly matched with our forces there.

The terrorist groups had the edge because they were able to fight from afar with shooters, but under Commander Agnibati’s brilliant direction to set forest fire and counterattack, our army was able to hold its own despite its smaller numbers.“