Josh x Eddie: Just Pretending

(Yes, I know this is a very uncommon ship, so I'm trying it out. I haven't seen alot of books with this ship before so... fuck it igz)

Josh's POV
I shoved my hands in my pocket, shivering from the cold. I was supposed to be heading to a party with Eddie, but he was taking forever. We were supposed to leave ten minutes ago. I couldn't stand outside in the freezing cold for long.
I then saw his car pull up to my driveway, and I let out a sigh or relief. "Hey, sorry about that dawg!" Eddie said to me as he rolled down the window, "I had to finish recording a video earlier and lost track of time!"
I got into the passenger's seat next to him, blowing hot air into my hands. "That's alright," I answered as he started to back up, "I'm just happy you showed up."
I noticed he was wearing joggers and an anime shirt that I've never seen before. "Hey, is that shirt new?" I asked him as he turned the corner. "Yeah! I just had it shipped to my house," Eddie said with a large smile on his face, "It's my hero academia!" I chuckled a little. It was kind of funny watching the way Eddie's eyes lit up when he talked about anime.
He continued driving, and we sat in silence. My friend, Gaege, didn't live too far away from me. We should arrive in five minutes.
As we reached his house, I could see people walking in. A pretty large group of people were in invited, so I knew there was going to be a lot of people there. Some of me and Eddie's friends should be there to.
I suddenly thought back to my breakup. I broke up him with almost two months ago. Why was I still thinking of him?
Mully and I had been dating for a year before I broke it off. I caught him getting it off with another guy, which made me furious. Even after he came begging me back, I still left.
"Yo, Josh?" Eddie's voice snapped me out of thoughts, "Are you okay?" "Huh? Oh yeah," I shook my head, trying to get the thought of Mully out of my head, "I'm fine. Don't worry about it." Eddie didn't say anything to me after that, but I could tell that he still didn't fully believe me.
As we entered Gaege's house, my ears were instantly filled with music and the chatter of people I didn't know. I didn't realize how popular Juicy was.
"Hey! Eddie, Josh!" Gaege shouted to us with a smile, walking towards us, "Glad you could make it!" "Yeah, thanks for inviting us dawg!" Eddie smiled, clapping a hand on Gaege's shoulder. "Oh, it's no problem," Gaege answered, "Make yourselves comfortable. I need to greet some other people. I'll meet up with you guys later!" And just like that, Gaege was gone just as fast as he came.
Me and Eddie glanced at each other awkwardly. We didn't know where to begin. He was the only person I knew here, and I wasn't in the mood to make new friends.
I suddenly spotted a familiar face, and I felt my face grow hot. It wasn't possible. There was no way he was here.
I grabbed Eddies arm, feeling faint all of a sudden. "Josh?" Eddie asked me as I felt my head ache, "Are you okay?" I shook my head, trying to look away from him. I couldn't take it. It was too much.

Eddie's POV
I grabbed Josh's arm, wondering why he was acting so weird. "I need a drink, mate," Josh quickly took off in the direction of the drinks, and I chased after him with worry.
Josh wasn't telling me something. I've known him for years. Especially because... well, I recently was developing a crush on him. But watching him freak out over something I didn't know made me worry.
He picked up a bottle of beer and instantly started chugging it down. "Josh!" I grabbed the empty bottle, making him cough, "What are you doing?!" "I'm partying Eddie!" Josh stumbled on me, already starting to feel the effects of the alcohol. He grabbed another bottle and popped it open, drowning down its contents. It was unlike Josh to just chug a beer bottle out of nowhere. He was fine earlier, so what happened?
I grabbed the bottle again, refusing to let him drink anymore. I grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the table full of drinks. He already reeked of alcohol, but I ignored it. "Eddie!" Josh protested, struggling against my grip, "Let me go!" "Not until you explain what's going on with you!" I said to him, a hint of concern in my voice that I didn't even realize was there.
I suddenly bumped into someone, making them turn. "Ay! Watch it you-" The person I had bumped into suddenly gasped. "Josh?" Mully stood right in front of us making me freeze, "I didn't expect you to be here, mate." "I'm not your mate," Josh snapped, glaring daggers at Mully, "And what the hell do you want?"
"Woah, I was just having a good time," Mully put his hands up a little, but I still was speechless. What was Mully doing here? I knew it was Juicy's party but... Out of all people we could bump into, it had to be Mully.
"Well, if you aren't doing anything," Mully winked at Josh, making me boil with jealousy, "Then maybe we can spend some time together later..." Josh then surprised me as he said, "I'm already seeing someone."
He wrapped an arm around me, pulling me very close to him. "Eddie and I are dating now," He said proudly and confidently as if it was true, "Am I right, Eddie?" I didn't know who was more shocked, me or Mully. I nodded stupidly, not knowing what to do. Mully gave me a look I couldn't read, but I knew he was angry. "Fine, then," Mully shrugged, taking a sip of his bottle, "I'll let you to lovebirds be."
As he walked off, I suddenly felt my heart beating very fast. I realized that this is the first time I had been this close to Josh. I looked at him, still slightly shocked about what had happened. Josh then sighed, taking his arm off me. He somehow looked ten years older from all the stress Mully put him through. I wished I could make him feel better.
"Eddie..." Josh looked up into my eyes, "I don't want to miss him anymore." I raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean?" Josh sighed again, but I couldn't understand what he was trying to tell me. "I need to tell you something," Josh said lowly to me, "Something I've been hiding for a very long time." I continued to listen, intrigued by what he was going to say.
I suddenly felt his lips on mine, and I was instantly shocked. He tasted like alcohol, but I didn't care. I instantly melted into the kiss, feeling butterflies form in my stomach.
He pulled away with a small smile, making me blush hard. "I've liked you for a long time, Eddie," Josh had his hands around my neck, "Even before Mully." I kissed him again, and the music and people around us faded away. It only felt like me and him. When I pulled away, I noticed Mully throwing me a cold look over his shoulder. I smirked, finally happy that I had Josh in my arms instead of his.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Thank you for reading once again! Ik this chapter doesn't have any smut in it, but I promise the next one will! (Sneak peek: It's an Eddie and Narrator ship..)
Love you all
-1298 words-