Narrator x Eddie: Formal Enemies (SMUT)

(Eddies caption on Twitter melted my heart with this photo. He said that he cooked narrator a homemade meal, and he hasn't had one for a while. They look so happy🥺)

Narrator/Grant's POV
"I'll be back soon, Lily, I promise," I said sweetly to my cat, giving her a smile, "I won't be gone for too long." After giving the fluffy cat a quick pat on the head, I shut my apartment door but froze as my eyes trailed to the open door across the hallway. I noticed my ex, Eddie, leaving his room too. I hadn't spoken to him ever since our horrible breakup. How long ago was that? Probably about a year.

When he moved into the same apartments as me last week, I had avoided him entirely. I had been through too much with him already. I still felt a small ache in my heart every time I saw him, but I managed to keep it to myself. Besides, he broke up with me after our big fight, and I didn't want to go begging him back.

As I locked the door behind me, I took a quick look at Eddie again. His dark hair, eyes, and thick Mexican accent are enough to make me fall for him all over again. He brushed his long hair out of his face, not looking my way. He started to walk away from me, and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I started walking towards the elevators, hoping I wouldn't bump into Eddie again. He honestly made me forget what I was doing for a few seconds.
I pressed the down arrow in the elevator, casually waiting for the elevator to arrive. I whipped out my phone, checking to see what my friend had texted me earlier. Without looking up at the person, I walked into the elevator as the doors opened.

I continued texting my friends, not realizing who was staring at me. I ignored it at first until I stopped moving my fingers. This person was making me extremely uncomfortable. Why did he keep staring at me?

I finally looked up, but I gasped when I saw him.
Eddie was glaring at me, his stare burning holes in my eyes. "What?" I said to him, ignoring his look, "Can you just leave me alone?" Eddie rolled his eyes, taking out his phone. It was silent for a moment before he said, "You know, I still haven't forgiven you for what you did."

I gripped the edge of my phone, making my knuckles turn white. "I told you, it was a lie," I answered, trying to stay calm, "I didn't sneak out for some party. It was fake."

"I saw the video with my own eyes, Grant," Eddie said to me, his voice surprisingly calm, "Just because it was posted by some random fan, doesn't mean that it wasn't real."

I thought back to the video again. That video ruined my relationship. I hated the "fan" that uploaded it.
Right before our break up, a video went viral of me at a club late at night with some random dude I didn't even know. I had promised Eddie that I wouldn't go that night, which I didn't. Although somehow, someone made a video of me there, but it was all fake. However, Eddie didn't seem to believe me.

It broke my heart when he confronted me the day the video went viral. I hated seeing him cry, especially because of something I was involved in. But it hurt, even more, when he stared at me like he didn't know who I was. Like I was a stranger that wasn't worth trusting.

I knew he was always insecure when I went to clubs without him. It's happened before where a guy had tried to sleep with me, and even if I wasn't going to allow it to happen, Eddie was still worried.

"You don't understand Eddie," I crossed my arms, already annoyed by him, "It. Wasn't. Real." Eddie looked away from me, dropping his gaze to the elevator doors in front of us. It was quiet for a few moments until the elevator doors jammed.