Josh x Mully: Unaccepted

A/N: Some context: Josh and Mully have been dating for a year now. They are planning on moving in together, but Mully has other plans... Enjoy :)

Josh's POV
"Are you sure they'll like me?" I bit my lip nervously, holding onto Mully's hand, "What if they don't approve? What if-"
"Josh, I'm sure they'll like you," Mully told me reassuringly again, "And if they don't, at least they know you already. It's better than me hiding you all the time."
Mully walked up to the front door, hesitating before knocking. My head was buzzing with nervousness, and I tried my best to keep a smile pasted to my face. However, a sickening, churning feeling in my stomach was not going away.
Mully and I had argued all day about whether or not I should meet his parents. We wanted to get serious and move in with each other, but Mully refused to do so unless I met his parents. Of course, I didn't hate his parents; I loved them actually. It was the fact that I was dating their son, who they thought was straight, is what worried me.
"Mullen!" His mother opened the door, her joyful, dark eyes shining as she greeted her son, "It feels like forever since the last time I saw you!" Mully smiled shyly as he said, "Hey, mum. I'm glad to see you too."
His mother's eyes then trailed over to me, who looked at me curiously. "Oh, and who did you bring?" She asked him, making me smile nervously. "Hello, Mrs. Slays (ik that's not his real last name but idk what else to put) Nice to meet you!" I greeted her, extending my hand so she could shake it.
"Hello, I'm assuming you're Mully's friend?" She asks me, making me hesitate. "Um, you can say that," I answer, "We do Youtube videos together all the time. I'm Joshua, but you can call me Josh."
"Honey, who's at the door?" I then heard a voice behind her as I shook her hand, and I gulped. The voice sounded similar to Mully's, only deeper and sterner.
"Why don't you two come in?" Mully's mother tells us, "Make yourself at home, Josh." "T-Thank you," I pull at the sleeves of my hoodie.
Mully squeezed my shoulder comfortably when his mother's back was turned to us, and I glanced at him worriedly. I still felt uneasy about all this. My gut was telling me to lie and fake being Mully's friend, but I didn't want to let Mully down. But I also didn't want to disappoint Mullly's parents. Ugh, why did this have to be so difficult?
We walked into the living room, and I stuck closely to Mully. I then saw his father walk into the room with us, surprised that we were here. "Mullen!" He smiled, "I didn't expect you to be here!"
He then looked at me, raising an eyebrow as he saw my nervous look. I shifted from one foot to the other as he told me, "Oh, you brought a friend with you?" Mully nodded, giving me a side glance before saying, "Yes, he's very close to me."
I take a step forward, trying to sound confident as I said, "Josh. Nice to meet you, sir."
He looked at me for a few seconds, and he looked exactly like Mully when he was concentrating. I could tell he was judging who I was, but I didn't comment on anything else. He gave me a small smile before saying, "Nice to meet you."
I let out a relieved breath, so far feeling better. We all sat down to eat, and Mully touched my thigh gently under the table. We shared a look, and I begged him with my eyes to do something.
He cleared his throat before saying, "So, um..." He looked at me one more time, but I couldn't read his expression. "Mum, Dad? Me and Josh actually have some news to share with you guys."
"What is it?" Mully's mother asked her son. Mully hesitated before saying, "Before I tell you, do you both promise not to be mad or disappointed?"
Both his parents gave us puzzling expressions, and his father instantly looked at me. I kept my eyes on my plate, picking at the food quietly. "Why would we be mad?" His father asks him, making Mully cross his arms. "Just promise," He answered, waiting for their responses.
They both nodded and agreed, making Mully continue, "Okay, so... The news is..."
Mully then grabbed my hand, making my cheeks turn a dark shade of red. I couldn't meet his eyes, only felt my hands shaking from the amount of pressure I felt. He squeezed my hand, and I looked up at him. I realized he was confident about this like he was sure that he loved me.
"Josh and I are together," Mully let out, turning to his parents again. There was shocked silence throughout the kitchen, and I thought his parents were okay at first.
It was until they both frowned was when I grew worried.

A/N: What will happen next? There will be a pt. 2 so look out for that. Thx for reading have a wonderful day <3