Mully x Josh: Unaccepted pt.2

Josh's POV
Mully's parents stared at us in absolute shock. They couldn't believe the news their son had just told them.
"What?" Mully's dad said first, looking between Mully and me, "I thought you were into... I thought you had a girlfriend, not a-a... boyfriend!" "And you never bothered to tell us?" Mully's mum frowned, "How long has this been a secret?"
"We've been dating for a year now," Mully began to explain, "We wanted to move in with each other-"
"Move in?" Mully's dad stood up abruptly, making me jump, "Mullen, do you realize what you're saying? This is another man."
"And?" Mully then stood up to face him, growing angry as I watched in shock, "What does that have to do with anything?" My mouth hung open, and I couldn't speak. The room was growing more and more heated between Mully and his parents, and I couldn't do anything to stop it. "How are you supposed to have kids? Have a family?" His dad argued, pointing at me, "You cannot love another man. It goes against everything we believe in!"
"You mean, you believe in," Mully furrowed his eyebrows, "I love Josh! No one can change that." Mully's dad stared at him for an answer, but Mully stood his ground with a serious expression. They were glaring at each other, and I felt tears forming in my eyes as I hit my lip.
"Son, we're only concerned for you," His mum then said, standing beside her husband, "We only want what's best for you."
"But what if my relationship with Josh is what's best for me?" Mully said sadly, his eyes tearing up, "I've never been happier. I was never happy with any of the girls you wanted me to be with. Only with him."
He looked at me, grabbing my hand so I could stand. I looked at his parents guiltily, but Mully squeezed it.
His father and mother looked at me with stony expressions, making my heart race. Their happy, smiling faces had vanished in just a matter of seconds.
"What makes you think you can walk into this house and expect us to accept that our son is gay?" His father then challenged me, curling his hand into a fist on the table, "What makes you worthy enough to date our son over all the other girls we chose?"
The pressure of their eyes on me made me want collapse. It was my fault they were arguing. I then couldn't keep the tears from falling from my eyes. I quickly rushed out of the house, hearing Mully call behind me.
"Josh!" He ran after me as I rushed outside, "Wait!"
I turned around to face him, seeing him shocked when he saw me crying. "I told you they wouldn't love me!" I sobbed, burying my face in my hands, "Now they hate me and you! It's all my fault..."
Mully grabbed my hands, putting them down gently. He tilted my head up with his thumb, looking into my eyes as I sniffed.
I couldn't tell what he was thinking. The expression on his face... it was almost like he felt guilty about all this too. I remembered when he first came out to me. He was so ashamed at the time and felt guilty for not telling his parents. Although I had reassured him that everything would be okay, but now, I wasn't so sure.
Mully cupped my cheeks in his warm hands as I cried, rubbing his thumb gently over my light skin. He wiped away my tears, saying softly, "It was never your fault. I chose to bring you here... If I knew it would end up like this, I would've never tried to convince you to tell my parents. I'm so sorry, Josh."
He kissed me softly before I could answer, gently bringing me closer to him. I savored the feeling of his warm lips on mine, closing my eyes and wrapping my arms around his neck. I felt slightly better in his comforting embrace, wishing I could forget about the argument of his parents.
"It's not your fault," I say after pulling away, meeting his eyes again, "I don't blame your parents. It's their opinion. What matters is how we feel, nobody else."
"Mully..." A voice behind us made me turn, "We're sorry."
Mully furrowed his eyebrows at his parents, but I put a hand on his shoulder. "We didn't realize how much you loved him," Mully's mum said guiltily, "We were just so shocked I..." She had tears in her eyes, but Mully quickly pulled her in for a tight hug.
"It's okay, mum," Mully squeezed her gently, "I know this can all be pretty shocking." His das then looked at me, and I gulped. He suddenly put a hand on my shoulder, chuckling a little when he saw me jump. "Relax, I didn't mean to scare you. Josh, right?"
I nod, feeling the tension fade away when he laughed. He sounded almost like Mully. "Why don't we head inside, start over?" Mullys mother offered. "That would be great, thank you." I answered, taking Mully's hand with a smile.

A/N: Just a chapter that I thought of in class. Btw, school sucks but whatever, it always had. Anyway, hope you all have a good day/night love ya ❤️