Kai x Grey: I'll take care of you (Special Chapter)

A/N: Since KaiYourGuy has recently posted an announcement about this, this chapter goes out to him and ilikefriesz (cutest couple alive🥺)
Hope you enjoy :) #KaiandGrey

Grey's POV
I slung my backpack over my shoulder, a smile spreading on my face as I saw my love. I didn't know how he could be so attractive, it made my heart race every time I saw him.
His hair was slightly messy, but he smiled when he saw me.
"Morning bubs," Kai said to me, making me blush at how adorable he was. "Good morning!" I answer, "You know, you look cute today." "Really? I thought I look like absolute shit," Kai chuckled. "What? In my eyes, never." I stand on my tip toes to kiss his cheek, seeing his cheeks bloom a slight shade of pink.
"Well, I got to get to class," Kai told me, "I love you." I laughed shyly, "I love you too!"
With an extra skip in my step, I walked the opposite way, heading towards our classes before the bell rang. Kai had recently moved into my new high school. I used to miss Kai so much when we used to live apart from each other, but now that he was here, I could cuddle and give him hugs everyday now. It was like a dream come true.
As I continued walking to my classes, my eyes flickered to a group of kids scoffing at me from across the hall. They started making their way towards me, and I walked faster. Oh no, not today. Anything but today.
"Hey you!" They called me, feeling a hand on my shoulder, "What's got you skipping around all happy today?" I threw his hand off me, "It's none of your damn business." Before I could turn around again, another of the guys came around me, making me gasp when I bumped into him. He was a lot taller than me and had an intimidating look in his eyes that almost made me cower away. "Maybe it's because of their stupid boyfriend," He told me, snickering at my frown (I'm sorry Kai don't attack me ahh) . I didn't answer, trying my best to hold my ground. Where was Kai when I need him??
As if hearing my call, the guy in front of me suddenly grimaced in pain, clutching his side as I saw Kai behind him. "Get away from them asshole!" Kai shouted, making me smile on relief. "What the hell are you going to do about it?" One of the guys told Kai, making Kai frown. "I'll beat your ass that's what," He glanced at the guy he punched earlier, "Did you not see what I just did to the other guy?"
One of the bullies tried grabbing Kai from behind, but I quickly pulled him away. Kai collided into me, but we quickly steadied ourselves before we could fall. His face was inches away from mine, I blushed shyly.
"Let's get out of here," Kai said lowly to me as I nodded. We quickly took off down the hallway before the bullies could follow us, laughing as we got away with it.

Kai's POV
As Grey and I made it to my house, I pulled them into my room, knowing exactly how to comfort them. "Are you okay?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowing in concern. "Yeah..." They answered quietly, but I knew that they were still thinking about the bullies.
"Why don't we get snacks? I'll get your favorites," I say with a smile, watching their face light up. "Really?" Grey asked, their eyes shining as I chuckled. "Of course. Anything to cheer you up," I kissed them on the forehead, tossing a fluffy blanket around their shoulders, "Here. It'll keep you warm in the meantime."
Grey's cheeks turned a slight shade of red, a happy and very cute smile spreading on their face as they sat on the couch. I gathered all the snacks I could find in the house, carrying them in my arms and bringing them over to Grey.
When I came back into the living room, they were already choosing a movie. They then gasped, pointing to one of the movies on the screen. "Can we watch that one??" They said with big eyes, "Pleeasse?" I shook my head with a laugh, "Yeah, which ever you want."
I sat beside them on the couch as the movie began, munching happily on the snacks. I wrapped an arm around Grey, pulling them closer to me.
"Thank you, bubs," Grey said softly to me, curling up into my chest, "You have no idea how happy you make me. I love you."
I smiled, resting my head on top of theirs. "I love you more," I answered, hugging them tighter.
And as they slowly fell asleep in my arms, I didn't know how I could be so lucky.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed, ik this is different than my usual chapters and was a bit long😅 but I liked writing it :) Thx for reading and have a good day!