Eddie x Josh: 2am phonecall pt.2

Josh's POV
I opened the door slowly, looking up with red, puffy eyes. I sniffed, ashamed that I looked this way.
Eddie, however, opened his arms with a sad frown, gently taking me in his arms. The ache in my chest began to grow, but I buried my head in Eddie's chest with a soft cry.
"It's okay," Eddie said softly, bringing my head closer to him, "Tell me what happened."
He guided me over to the couch where we sat, and I avoided his eyes. "I'm sorry, I look s-so ugly like this," I sobbed, stuttering over my words. "No, it's alright, Josh," Eddie smiled reassuringly, "I won't judge you if you let out your emotions. It's normal." I hugged my arms, only to feel him shift over to me. "Hey, when you're ready to talk about it, I'm here." Eddie gently put an arm around me, holding me close. The smell of his cologne and his pretty dark eyes made me turn a slight shade of red, embarrassed he had to see me this way. I was always insecure about showing my emotions, especially since I felt people would judge me if I cried. But as Eddie tilted my chin up with his thumb, wiping away my tears with his sleeve, I began to realize he was serious.
"Mully..." I started to explain, "He left me. Things just didn't work out and we went our separate ways." I paused, meeting his eyes with a sad frown. "I guess it just wasn't meant to be," I sighed, rubbing a hand over my face, "I just can't believe I was such an idiot to think he actually loved me anymore." Eddie was silent for a moment before saying, "You're not an idiot. You deserve better than that, Josh. You're amazing, and funny, and creative and..." His voice trailed off when he saw me look at him with a raised eyebrow. "What? It's true!" Eddie smiled, chuckling as he continued, "You're the most amazing person I've ever met!"
I smiled shyly, looking down as I said, "No, you're only saying that to make me feel better..." His eyes locked with mine again, flickering down to my lips than back up. "Eddie, I..." I began to say quietly, realizing how close our faces were to each other.
A wave of heat washed over me, slowly seeping into my cheeks when he flashed me his side grin. "I know things just ended with Mully," Eddie told me, beginning to pull away, "If you don't want to rush into another relationship then that's perfectly fine-"
I cut him off with a kiss, silencing him as he tensed. My arm wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer to me gently. He kissed me back, however, making my heart flutter as his hand rested on my thigh. The soft ghost of his lips on mine faded as he pulled away, cupping my hand in his cheek. A small grin formed on my face, even if I tried my best to suppress it.
"Have you always felt this way?" I questioned, "You know... wanting to kiss me?" Eddie chuckled, his cheeks burning a light shade of red, "Of course. Your beautiful blue eyes, your bright smile, your perfect face... everything." I leaned in slowly, lips hovering over his for a few seconds, wondering if this was the right thing to do. A part of me was terrified for rushing into a relationship with my best friend, yet the other... hoped he would kiss me back just as much as I wanted him to.
My wish was granted as his lips crashed into mine, pulling me closer to him eagerly. My hands dug into his hair, a fantasy and dream coming true all at once. A dream that I never knew I desired so much until then. A dream that Mully couldn't grant me before.
Eddie pulled back slightly, his cheeks a soft pink as he laughed shyly. "I've always wanted to do that." I smiled, answering, "If I'm being honest with myself, I should've done this a long time ago."
He pulls me into his arms, and I took in his embrace gratefully. "Thank you," I told him, no longer feeling sad anymore, "You made me feel so much better." Eddie chuckled, "I told you coming over was a good idea." "And that's why I called you," I responded with a small, cheerful laugh.