34

We went to the park and played on the swings with him and had a picnic lunch.
-Thanks I haven't seen him have so much fun in a long time. Cheryl we are a family. There will be many more family fun days.
We left for the hotel. Nick waited until Cheryl unbuckled him from the car seat.
Where's Tom? Nicolas we will see him but we have to let him know we are here.
Sam asked the cashier in the bakery to have Tom to come out for a fifteen minute break.
Tom came out.
--TOM I CAME FOR YOU. I am so lucky buddy. Yep .
We all laughed. Jane and I Ieft them alone and went up to my office to check on some reports that needed my approval to be forwarded to the my vendors. I was changing the process contracts with vendors. I was giving vendors the opportunities to hire veterans. I was upfront to my vendors. I am passionate about helping our veterans. If you would like to do business with Empire and other properties I own, you will have to have a minimum of five new veterans hired from within their cities. If not, I would seek vendors who want to employ veterans and not just in low paying jobs. Yes, I was strong arming the vendors and would get some slack but it was worth it to me. Maura was doing the same within the Isles Foundation. My wife received a text and suddenly picked me up.
-Babe we got the permits to house one hundred small homes for veterans in Massachusetts and California. Ludicrous was looking into his contacts and they helped us make it a reality. I know Cheryl and I leave Monday for California but can you and the committees put a bbq together announcing this to the veteran community and the media. Sure, I can do that. I will get Maura to assist me and Christopher and ask Brad to come into California to help Ice Cube and Ice T.
We go back downstairs and see Cheryl and Nick eating their desserts and we ordered ours.

Jane loves her double chocolate.

Cheryl and Nick were sharing this one

This was mine. We told Cheryl the good news. She was excited for the 200 veterans who would have working plumbing, electricity and a roof over their heads so they could now start looking for employment and employers could take them serious. Image is everything when looking for work.
We ate our desserts and headed home to get ready for tomorrow. Cheryl reluctantly agreed to have me watch Nick for several days without her. She has never left him alone since birth. I reassured her I had good back ups and doctors at my disposal if needed. I called Maura, Reba, Brad, Christopher, Ice Cube and Ice T and what would be needed for this to get plugged well. The veterans would provide their own security and keep up their areas clean which was a difficult factor many were worried about.
-Babe everyone is on board and will start making their contacts. Brad and Reba will meet Ice Cube and Ice T in California.
This is really happening.
Jane got on the phone with the VA hospital in California to get names of veterans to get them in the homes once the foundations and other work is completed. The committee has sponsors supply the interior furniture and laptops with food for a month. Part of the 100 homes was for the veterans to have a community garden and to be able to sell what they grew in flea markets and stands through out the community by other veterans.

Several hours passed. dinner, tv time as a family than bed time.