prologue ༄

— 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔯𝔢𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔪𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 ༄
↠ 𝐀𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐚, 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐱𝐢

12 Grimmauld Place, summer 1995

"Harry, these two young women right here are Candace and Adena Winsten. Some old friends of mine," announced Sirius once he and Harry got close enough to the table. Harry discovered two women who looked about the same age as his godfather. One had long blonde hair and bright, twinkling emerald eyes and the other had long curly brown hair and hazel eyes. She looked pale, tired and even dreary in comparison to the other one who was wearing a joyful smile. If he didn't know their surname, he wouldn't have guessed they were relatives.

"If this isn't little Harry! You've grown up so much!" said Candace, the blonde woman as she stood up, walking up to him. Harry couldn't hide his surprise at such enthusiasm.

The brown-haired woman stood up after her as well, following the blonde one.

"Nice to meet you Harry," said calmly Adena. She smiled at Tonks and Lupin behind them, then turned her gaze up to meet Sirius' gaze and she whispered more quietly. "I'm going upstairs. See you later."

And Sirius nodded only. Harry focused back on Candace who was chatting excitedly. He could notice Mrs Weasley's worried stare following after Adena.

The next day, Adena Winsten was back in the house of Black. She had too much free time and had accepted to clean up the house as asked by Sirius. She was walking around in a house she knew by heart and stopped when she suddenly heard the voice of Sirius, speaking words that interested her.

"...I hated the whole lot of them: my parents, with their pure-blood mania, convinced that to be a Black made you practically royal... my idiot brother, soft enough to believe them... that's him."

She stayed behind the wall, closely listening to his next words.

"He was younger than me," said Sirius, "and a much better son, as I was constantly reminded."

"But he died," said Harry.

"Yeah," said Sirius. "Stupid idiot... he joined the Death Eaters."

"You're kidding!" 

"Come on, Harry, haven't you seen enough of this house to tell what kind of wizards my family were?" said Sirius testily.

The brunette then decided to appear in the doorframe.

"Your stupid brother, who was soft enough hm..." she murmured, thoughtful.

The two of them turned around to face Adena Winsten. The ghost of a smile was tugged on her lips, and a glint was living in her eyes at the moment. Harry remembered how empty they had looked the previous day.

"Yes, you knew him better than me... oh, Harry, Adena was my brother's girlfriend-"

"I was his fiancée in fact," she added with a frown as she held up her left hand where a ring laid there.

Harry widened his eyes in surprise upon hearing that.

"Wait... so you all went to school together? Did you know my parents?"

"I did, yes. Lily Evans was a sweet girl. Friend with my sister. But Potter..." her face slightly contorted in disgust. "I disliked Potter very much during my whole schooling. Much more than Sirius. But he became more bearable in seventh year when he started being less nosy and much calmer to court your mother. But I still have bad memories of him. However, both their losses made me very sad."

Harry hummed in response, thinking about her words, until something hit him.

"I'll continue cleaning," she said, leaving Harry and Sirius.

"Sirius, how could she like your brother who was a Death Eater? Did she use to share his views?"

"Oh no, Adena is a very tolerant and non-judgmental person. And she also liked him very much."

"Yes, I did like him very much. Actually, I loved him, and I still do," suddenly said Adena, reappearing in the doorframe, smiling a little even though her hazel eyes reflected sorrow, looking as if they would never shine again.

"It's bad to listen to conversations, 'Dena."

"I wanted to check if Regulus was still the subject of discussion. You know I rarely hear about him." After that, she left the two alone again.

"They had a strange relationship in my opinion. They were really a mystery. I don't know how she got to love him; her feelings were so strong. And still are as you can see. I couldn't understand their relationship, and as I told her that one day, she said 'I may not have been happy my whole life but I was definitely with him.'"

A journey through the teen age, a journey to discover one's self and one another, along with the hazards of friendship, siblinghood while dealing with parental figures and internal struggles at the same time. A journey for love encounters, young and innocent love, that will turn into a nightmare. 

A change will occur in Adena's plain life. She will experience things she never knew she could feel, going through the most intense and extreme emotions. But Adena will never regret anything from the path she will take; that path she will not really choose, but the path fate will lead her on. It is her destiny. He is her destiny...

They would all say "You shouldn't get close to him, the devil is hiding behind that façade". But Adena Winsten did not care about their words, she let her emotions and attraction guide her, until falling, deep. And she doesn't regret a single thing.

Adena Winsten who had never really cared for anything or anyone. Who didn't have any real interest or purpose, but who now feels enchanted by the one-and only-man people had warned her about; Regulus Black.