chapter fifty five

"Are you okay?" asked Regulus when they were far enough.

"Yeah, I'm fine," was her curt reply but he knew well that she wasn't. Greeting Lily was just as tense as last time. Lily and James  couldn't look away from the Slytherin and it was the same during the ride.

"Adena? You're quiet. Are you okay?" said Noah hesitantly.

"Yes I am."

"Oh no, did you two have your first fight?" asked Ivanna, feeling really curious, almost excited.

She instantly calmed down when her eyes met Regulus' cold glare while the Ravenclaw completely ignored her. He reached down under the table to take a hold of her delicate hand. Barely a second later, she let her head down on his shoulder. The slightest touch from him was calming her. It had always been like that, even when they weren't dating yet.

As he was soothing her with his caresses on her hand, Lily called them out.

"Black, Flint. It's your turn."

Regulus let go of Adena's hand as she looked up at him with a sad expression.

"We'll see each other after dinner, okay?" murmured the boy.

"Yeah, okay."

"Black, stop wasting time," called out James from his spot and both teens glared at him. Regulus and Ivanna finally left the compartment and as soon as they did, Lily went to sit next to the brunette who ignored her.

"How are things going with your boyfriend?"

"Perfect, thank you. Now mind yours and your boyfriend's business instead of caring about mine," spoke harshly the girl, looking out the window where snow was falling.

"Adena, I'm not your enemy."

"Anyone who hates on Regulus and who disapproves of our relationship is my enemy."

"Actually... I wanted to know how things went with your sister?"

Adena turned around, staring at her expressionlessly. Only her eyes betrayed the anger living in her. 

"She apologized. Even though it looked like she didn't want to and didn't change her mind the slightest bit."

"Oh... But she did the first step at least."

She scoffed, spitting these words, "Of course she did, who else would have done it?"

Lily clearly felt uncomfortable seeing as Adena was not in the mood for a chat.

"I told Candace you looked really happy..."

The brunette was a little surprised but didn't show anything. "I guess you'll stop observing us now then."

"As you could guess, Candace wasn't happy to apologize but she argues with you only because she wants to protect you and hopes you'll realize by yourself he's not the one for you. We all share her opinion," she tried to say reassuringly.

Noah who was quietly witnessing the exchange could feel the bomb coming. And that was when Adena snapped.

She turned to face the redhead girl, pointing her wand at her which she had quickly grabbed. Her glare was hateful. She felt despise for the girl for the first time.

"I told you to mind your own fucking business. Leave us alone!"

Feeling a little frightened, Lily backed away, standing up. The outburst attracted everyone's gaze. James had walked to them.

"Adena, we're just trying to help."

"Help with what exactly?" she yelled, feeling completely angered.