chapter sixty

Third weekend of March; spring was slowly approaching even if nobody would dare go out enjoy the first rays of sun since the wind was wild. It was also Hogsmeade day. But as often, Adena didn't really want to go.

"Adena, why don't you go on a date at Hogsmeade with your boyfriend?" asked her Millie during breakfast.

"On a date? At Hogsmeade? That's not really our thing," replied the girl.

"Did you ask him?"

"No, but I don't think he would be into those things. He has practice today anyway."

"Are you two really a couple? You don't do couple things!" snorted Eugenia.

"That Black doesn't know how to treat a girl," added Jacob.

"At least he doesn't make corny jokes that would make anyone run away."

"Tch, nonsense, that's my natural charm. I can attract anyone," scoffed the blond. Without thinking, Adena's hazel eyes fell upon Noah, sitting in front of her, who was listening carefully to his every word. She wanted to laugh at him.

After breakfast, they all left as the brunette joined Regulus by the exit door that led to the park.

"Hi," she whispered behind him since he had his back turned around and she didn't want to scare him. Regulus still jumped slightly at her voice.

"Oh, you're there," he said turning around.

"Yeah..." she looked into his grey eyes with a small grin tugged on her lips. The boy didn't waste any more time before kissing those soft lips and she smiled wider.

"You still wanna meet at my dorms this afternoon?"

"Yes, I'll be waiting for you after lunch."

"Okay, I'll go then. See you later." And he bent down to place a chaste kiss on her cheek before leaving. Crazy how these small common gestures would still make the girl's heart flutter. Nobody had ever made her feel like this. She was in love with him and she knew it. While this feeling was foreign barely six months ago, now it was engulfing her from the inside and she felt endless love for the boy. Eugenia would say she was finally acting like a typical teenager, being stupidly in love with a boy. And she would be right.

After lunch, like she had planned with Regulus, Adena waited for him so they could go to his dorms.

"I brought some muffins for later!" he said waving two muffins in his hands.

"And I brought some homework! For now," she said waving her school bag, laughing at his bored face.

"Adena, seriously, when aren't you working?" he said, leading her by placing an arm around her shoulders.

"At night. But the real question is when are you working?"

"At night."

"You should sleep silly..." she muttered.

"I thought you would be working late at night too?"

"Sometimes when I'm too late, I work until midnight or one but that's all. It's rare!"

"Well, not for me..."

"I swear next time, I'll drag you to library instead of you bringing me to your dorms," she grunted.

"No, you can't, I need my nap," he answered instantly.

"Okay then, I won't do my homework now and instead from today we'll go together to the library until dinner."

"Ugh, okay."

And she smiled proudly.

When they arrived at the common room, Adena got some weird stares from the rare Slytherins present, still not liking that a Ravenclaw was invading their place but the girl learned to ignore them.