𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐢 : chapter one

𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐢 : 𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖔𝖎𝖆

     𝔪𝔢𝔱𝔞𝔫𝔬𝔦𝔞 :
𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙟𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙮 𝙤𝙛 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙣𝙚'𝙨 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙, 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩, 𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙤𝙧 𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙤𝙛 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧

❝𝑪𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒚 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓. 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒇 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝑰'𝒅 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒐𝒏, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖.❞
- 𝐆𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧, 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐚 (𝐟𝐭. 𝐒𝐧ø𝐰)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧

Tuesday, 2nd September 1976

Adena Winsten had woken up quite early that day. It must have been one hour earlier than the time she would usually wake up at. She was standing in front the mirror of the bathroom she shared with her three roommates, her fellow housemates with whom she would keep a friendly behavior without getting to know them that much. The young girl was looking at her reflection in the mirror while combing her long curly brown hair. It was reaching the middle of her back, and maybe she should get a haircut, was she thinking. Her attention soon returned to her face. She was pale, even though she was returning from a long summer break. She did not like basking in the sun that much. You did not have to look too close to notice the dark color under her eyes, showcasing she had some trouble sleeping. But well that was not surprising for her, as she was usually nervous at this period of the year. Her hand reached out to her blue and bronze tie, putting it on. She finished her daily routine by placing some lip balm on her pink lips before grabbing her square glasses.

Looking back up at herself one more time, she frowned with a sigh, thinking of how unattractive she was before turning around, leaving the bathroom. No matter how many times her older sister, Candace, would try persuading her of the contrary, she could never agree to her words. In fact, she had thought so often how beautiful her sister looked with her bright smile, golden glowing skin, shining malicious green eyes and straight blonde hair. Adena wouldn't say she was ill-favored, or unpleasant to look at, she just looked dull. Nothing special. Especially in comparison to her eldest. How could she looked so different when they had the same blood. She just wished she could be a little more like her sometimes. Candace who was just so open and bubbly, so friendly and flirty. Why couldn't she even have one quarter of her personality.

That thought was accompanying her as she was making her bed, perfectly straight, and putting on her robe, silently, before leaving the room just as quietly not wanting to wake up her roommates too early as breakfast would start only in one hour. Adena decided to wander in the corridors of the old castle for the remaining minutes before she could go eat something. She had always found that activity so calming, walking around the castle all alone, with nobody to bother when she was stuck in her thoughts, except when she would come across a certain poltergeist.

After rediscovering the place for the millionth time in her four years in this school, the young Ravenclaw finally made her way to the Great Hall. When she entered the large room, she noticed some early birds already eating and some first years, almost shaking from nervousness as it was their first day. She chuckled internally and wondered if she had ever looked that fearful on her first day. Adena headed to the Ravenclaw table as she spotted some of her classmates. She sat herself next to a boy called Jacob Brett, facing the one called Isaac Greenwood and started engaging a conversation in the friendliest manner she could use.

"Good morning, Jacob, Isaac," she said while pouring herself a cup of hot tea.

"Hello there Adena, how was your break?" asked Isaac casually as Jacob hummed in a greeting manner as his mouth was stuffed with a buttered toast.

"Fine. The usual you know, staying at home while the parents work. And being annoyed by my dear sister," replied the girl with a hint of humor.

The two boys just laughed at that, used to her complaining about her sister even though they knew how close they were. They just started talking together again as Adena started eating, just quietly listening to their conversation about their own summer break. She wasn't the type to talk too much and rather enjoyed listening. She took the time to notice the changes in her two companions. Jacob must have grown at least three or four inches in the spawn of some weeks. Isaac had longer hair now, his black frizzy locks reaching his jaw. He also got tanner; his usually caramel-like skin was now a beautiful brown. Both did look more handsome she concluded.

At the same time, Adena started sensing a stare on her. She immediately looked up only for her eyes to cross the shining emerald irises of her sister, smiling and waving her hand at her from the Gryffindor table. She faintly returned the gesture. The blonde girl was with her classmates, who all turned towards her with a small greeting smile, that she also returned, shyly. Candace had too many friends for Adena to get to know them that their interactions always make her kind of timid. Just as she did, she spotted her roommates walking near where the place the boys and her were sitting at. They all started talking to each other with enthusiasm, and that was how Adena's first day in fifth year started.

This way of life had been pretty common for the past few years. Adena was used to this, and the others were used to her by now. But was she satisfied with that? She couldn't be sure. No, she was not unhappy with her current life. However, she felt a small void inside her. The brunette often wondered how her future life would turn out to be. Would she change? Would it stay this calm life without any passion? Secretly she dreamed of more, she dreamed of intensity, but she remained quiet about her wishes. She had no idea why. Adena did not feel like expressing her inner feelings or most intimate thoughts.

✎ author's note: hi this is the author! i'm very nervous as i write this since i'm publishing my first story... anyway thank you to whoever will read this! this may not be perfect but i'm pretty satisfied with what i wrote (or i wouldn't be publishing because one year ago, when i started writing, publishing was out of the question). as it is the beginning, i just want to mention that i'm not a native english speaker, i learned it at school and on my own and i've been fluent for about 5 years now (and i used to study in english in college and had writing classes which made me want to write too). please don't hesitate to tell me whenever you find spelling, grammar or vocabulary mistake, i want to improve. i did my best but obviously i don't know everything about harry potter and its universe but i tried my best to make everything stick to the original story!

and well thank you to all the amazing authors who inspired me to write and to all the future readers :D

(just adding that the story is completed and is long, i finished it in around june of last year, thank you lockdown i had time, and even wrote another story after that!)